Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been asked already...
Can someone tell me exactly why the Velocity Yellow Tintcoat is $750 more?

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
I believe it's because the yellow gets an extra coat of yelow clear tint paint.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
It's not enough! They should make it $75,000 more, so we don't generally have to see them on the roads. :D

Oh, and the price of that orange should be around 5 million.

Discounts for black, silver, red, and dark blue of course.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Hey novetteyet, I plan on getting my Z06 in Velocity Yellow! Outstanding and vibrant color for a sports car! :cheers:

Zippy :) :)

·
Registered
639 Posts
Yellow is my favorite color on a Z. :cheers: But then the Z would look good in almost any color. :cool:

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Zippy said:
Hey novetteyet, I plan on getting my Z06 in Velocity Yellow! Outstanding and vibrant color for a sports car! :cheers:

Zippy :) :)
Nice choice Zippy, VY is my favorite too :thumb:

Jack

·
Registered
833 Posts
Velocity Yellow gets my vote for the C6 Z06. I love the fact that it is the same yellow as the C6R. :cool:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Wally said:
Velocity Yellow gets my vote for the C6 Z06. I love the fact that it is the same yellow as the C6R. :cool:
So, if the C6R was painted Mary Kay pink you would want a pink Corvette? :eek:

I like VY and Silver. The VY looks great but I don't know how well it will be in demand in the future.It seems a little risky color as it is popular now but who knows in a few years.The old school people thumb their noses on anything other than black and red. The VY has a tintcoat that changes color in bright light like a deep pearl. Silver really looks great but too many cars are painted silver.

Bottom line, get what you like!

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
What you like.................I painted my Isuzu Trooper (1986) Millennium Yellow with 4 coats of clear for under $1,000.00. Easy to find in the parking lots and dosen't show the dirt. It is so bright .......you would think that I just polished it. It has a TURBO, but it still goes 0-60 in 45 minutes.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
$750 more for the Yellow now. My 2003 Yellow only cost me $600 more. GM is making a killing on these mark ups!

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
gsjack said:
Nice choice Zippy, VY is my favorite too :thumb:

Jack
Don't hold you breath on Zippy's color choice. On his last Vette it seemed like he had a new color choice every other week. :p

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
IT L GO said:
Don't hold you breath on Zippy's color choice. On his last Vette it seemed like he had a new color choice every other week. :p
Good memory! Mr Go is absolutely correct. I called my salesman three times to change the color. The clincher was seeing a C5 in Silver at last year's Mid-Ohio ALMS race. I felt that the lines on the C6 looked best in Silver. Called my salesman after returning home and changed my order to Silver.

BTW, still happy with the Silver! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
novetteyet said:
It's not enough! They should make it $75,000 more, so we don't generally have to see them on the roads. :D

Oh, and the price of that orange should be around 5 million.

Discounts for black, silver, red, and dark blue of course.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I have to agree here they should have to pay us the $750 to own a yellow car.

·
10,998 Posts
It will also cost more to fix and color match correctly if you ever need something repainted on a MY car.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Because they have to pay the assembly line crew overtime to piss in enough cups to fill the orders.

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
Vettitude said:
Because they have to pay the assembly line crew overtime to piss in enough cups to fill the orders.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
63 Posts
bjaber said:
Sorry if this has been asked already...
Can someone tell me exactly why the Velocity Yellow Tintcoat is $750 more?
Simple ..... because they can. They are in the business of making money. Why not sell a color for $750 if people are willing to pay it ... which they are. If pink would sell @ $1000... they'd sell it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts