Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since i had my twin plate excedy clutch on the car, i've been having problems while launching, either something brakes or my car wont launch like how it was.. and it lasted for less than 10 runs until last night when just before launching i slipped the clutch and kicked down throttle the shifter backed up from 1st gear and car did not move at all, i though something went wrong in my tranny but it turned out the clutch got wared out. basically what happened was when i have the car on 1st gear and press on the peddle the car moves slowly and i only see the rpm moving higher. and never broke my last ET which was 11.7, my car had stock clutch at that time.

so now im looking for a new clutch which is good for both street and drag racing and would like to get some good advices from our members here on whats the best one to go for, please let me know whats ur experience with the clutch you are using now.

thanks
Ebrahim

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FiveOJoe said:
Just installed the Aussie. I have 100 miles on the break in. It feels pretty close to stock.
i've been reading good stuff about the Aussie, but is there anyone who experienced them on the drag strip? will you be taking your car to the track?

·
Premium Member
7,247 Posts
405bhp said:
i've been reading good stuff about the Aussie, but is there anyone who experienced them on the drag strip? will you be taking your car to the track?

1. I've read a few claims, but have not experienced any first hand. What I've heard is good so far.

2. No.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I do not have the Aussie, but while I've heard good, I've also witnessed 2 firsthand that had poor results. One was removed because of excessive chattering and barking like a pack of dogs, the other failed in track use.

Like I said, I've heard plenty of good, but like all things in the mod world, the hot word out of the gates invariably leads to some very dissappointed customers...(i should know, I bought the Exedy Twin as well for track use, until it grenaded my driveline :lol: )

Hope it works out for you should you purchase it :guiness:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
FiveOJoe said:
1. I've read a few claims, but have not experienced any first hand. What I've heard is good so far.

2. No.
Joe is our Test case :idea:

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
anyone using the cartek clutch over here?

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Does anyone like Spec or Luk?

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
I have a LUK Stage II with the Fidanza aluminum flywheel. It has 17% more holding power than a stock Z clutch and the flywheel is about 12lbs lighter than stock. It supposed to hold upwards of 600 ponies, but I got it for the lightened flywheel. It feels marginally firmer than stock, but nothing bad.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Cartek clutch is what I am getting. Had Exedy and it went on me at the track. I've heard nothing but good things as well as witnessed them first hand at Atco with a few Cartek cars with these clutches (Cartek) installed. Will keep you posted. :cheers:

·
Registered
175 Posts
The DBK said:
I do not have the Aussie, but while I've heard good, I've also witnessed 2 firsthand that had poor results. One was removed because of excessive chattering and barking like a pack of dogs, the other failed in track use.

Like I said, I've heard plenty of good, but like all things in the mod world, the hot word out of the gates invariably leads to some very dissappointed customers...(i should know, I bought the Exedy Twin as well for track use, until it grenaded my driveline :lol: )

Hope it works out for you should you purchase it :guiness:
Hi DBK....We at Textralia have had no issues that you speak of in your State. You said that you witnessed this all firsthand.
Would you care to enlighten me? Im all ears.

Best Regards Wash

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I.m running a Cartek Clutch.. New install with only 400 miles on it.. A little chatter when you first get it but after a couple runs none at all.

BTW, this is my second one,, the first had over 200 runs on it.

Ernie

·
Registered
252 Posts
washguy said:
Hi DBK....We at Textralia have had no issues that you speak of in your State. You said that you witnessed this all firsthand.
Would you care to enlighten me? Im all ears.

Best Regards Wash
Sure. I was at a friends house who does a lot of work on FI cars and the disk was laying on the floor in his garage. I asked him what the deal was and he said the car owner had him pull it out because it was chattering like mad. Seeing as my Exedy is a known issue and probably will die eventually, i inquired about what he had seen from the Aussie. He said he pulled that one out because of the barking, and the only other one he had dealt with locally had bit the dust from track use.

That's the story. I may try one once my Exedy bites the dust, which it seems like that's the inevitable end result...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts