Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have to give credit to Jim Hall for this........

DTC code Reset Procedures

1. Turn ignition on (do not start)
2. Wait till bells stop (chimes)
3. Press and hold options button on DIC
4. Press fuel button 4 times within 10 seconds
5. Release the options button

You will now be in diagnostic mode and computer will scroll through all of your systems codes. Most will say “no codes” but the one that brought on your check engine light will give you an alpha-numeric code that can be referenced to the service manual to see what the problem is.

If you press and hold the reset button before you exit you will clear all of the codes and the “Check Eng. Light”

This is extremely useful if you get a check engine light and could possibly save you a trip to the dealer, especially if the code was a one time event such as what sometimes happens after you install an intake or headers etc.

I found this out because I did a bunch of mods at one time on my car. (Installed MAFT, gutted pups, and pulled MAF screen. The extra air caused a lean condition which tripped the code. After some driving to get a good re-learn I cleared the code and it hasn’t returned. Tomorrow when I get my Ease software I’ll be able to tweak out my fuel trims perfectly.

By the way: This combination of mods on an 01 model is downright evil:

HallTech T1, Screen-less MAF, Gutted pre-cats……….WOW what a difference. I can’t imagine what adjusting the fuel trims will do.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
VettTheRipper said:

Now you tell me. I guess I should try to use the other features of the forum more often :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
0 Posts
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We're just here to help ya Brutha. The main point is, you were trying to help your fellow Z Bruthas!! That is C :cool: :cool: L!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts