Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i scheduled my ati install today with andy :jammin: and when i mentioned i had borla straights he kinda laughed and stated i will want to remove those as the sound with the sc will be unbearable. the sound is already pretty crazy at wot, but i like it. will the sc make it much louder at wot? if so, i might be putting my stingers back on and that leads me to my second question.

if andy were to tune the car with the straights on and i can't stand the sound and put the stingers back on will it change the car enough to need a retune?

thanks

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
I highly doubt it. :guiness:

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
I'm on my third Procharger and had Borla's on for a long time (Stingers, not straight pipe). Except for the whine of the blower, I can't see where any of the Prochargers made my exhaust much louder than before.
I don't see a real problem with the straights, but if you change your mind after the fact, a new tune would probably be in order.

Mike

·
Registered
84 Posts
I would concure with Mike.

Changing your exhaust one way or another can effect backpressure which in turn will likely effect the "tune" that you received.

Remember, there is a big difference between a setup that is working and one that is "dialed-in" for your specific setup. :guiness:

·
Registered
200 Posts
I run a D1SC with Borla twin tips with long tube headers and gutted cats. The sound is perfeclty fine. Not at all 'too loud'. Note that this couldn't possibly be more subjective.

Mark

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mdhmi said:
I run a D1SC with Borla twin tips with long tube headers and gutted cats. The sound is perfeclty fine. Not at all 'too loud'. Note that this couldn't possibly be more subjective.

Mark
i hear you on that. i have heard numerous people state that they want to or have gone back to stock ti's once they do headers. where i as went to straight pipes after my header install because i wanted to be louder :D

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I dont see how adding a blower will make your exhaust louder, a blower adds whine noise to the front of the car, but with my Vortec SQ(Super Quiet) I got a bit louder on exhaust note when added with stock exhaust because all that power was trapped through the restricted exhaust, when I changed to bassani x-pipe and catbach the car got quieter low rpms, at WOT on higher RPM it sounded diffrent but free, so If it was louder you couldnt tell because it was SO pleasant to the hear :jammin: BTW this is my mustang Im talking about, and Its not the same you talking about but I just wanted to fit in :cheers:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts