Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the official GM approved "exhaust jingle" fix done today. It was pretty painless and well worth the wait to get the car back. Total downtime was about 6 hours which includes the trip to and from the dealer. They had to take it to a local muffler shop for the actual repair so it took a bit longer than if they'd done it at the dealer. The jingle that has vexed me for the last 3 years is gone and the new pipe hasn't altered the exhaust note as far as I can tell, even at WOT. If any of you are sitting on the fence concerning this repair I'd say jump down and get it done. :cheers:

·
Registered
844 Posts
I had it done when the TSB first came out. Take advantage of all you can get before they go into bankruptcy or Toyota buys them!!! :idea:

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TJason25 said:
Now wait? They will fix it under warranty? What do I do? Yea, its not fun pulling to something and jingling..
The fix was done completely under warranty. The TSB has been out for a while now, I just never had the time to do it before. :cheers:

·
Registered
722 Posts
long tubes, dr gas 3" offroad xpipe, and a stinger catback reduced the jingle on my car greatly....not to mention the cnc heads and cam. Too bad I'm broke, I think that fix under warranty would have been a cheaper route :eek::

:lol:

·
Registered
270 Posts
I am sooooo making a call tommorrow. I think the local dealership here will hate me. 1st they are too high on price, so I buy the EXACT same car from another dealer yet service it there. Then it has some minor warranty issues. Then the valve spring goes (Another warranty item) Now they will have to fix the jingle..hmmm...If they would of only done it all the 1st time..

·
Registered
722 Posts
badddrx7 said:
So what did they do ?
the cross over section of the stock h pipe has a small baffle plate with a hole drilled in it. I believe thats the area thats creating the annoying sound effect on decel. I'm not sure what they actually do to eliminate the harmonic jingle; I guess they either widen the hole or remove the plate all together.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BLU-BY-U said:
the cross over section of the stock h pipe has a small baffle plate with a hole drilled in it. I believe thats the area thats creating the annoying sound effect on decel. I'm not sure what they actually do to eliminate the harmonic jingle; I guess they either widen the hole or remove the plate all together.
My understanding is the stock H pipe is cut out and an X pipe is welded in it's place. It was all part of a kit the dealer had to order.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts