Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time i turn the car off i have this terrible rattle in my exhaust. Chevrolet put out a bulletin about this problem in November 04. It is going to the dealer Tuesday to have new clamps put on the exhaust. My question is will this fix the rattle that sounds like my exhaust when im at idle? The reason i ask is the rattle goes away when i push in the clutch. The car seems to be running fine with no problems, but i have only had it a few weeks. Is the exhaust clanking against the tranny or what? Does anyone else have this problem? Any help would ease my mind. I read the thread about engine ticking and noticed most people have it, which made me feel better. So I'm hoping to get some feedback on this subject for the same reason. Thank You guys so much for all of the tech advise i have read. Alot of you seem to know more about the car than the dealer.

TruBluZ06

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
It not the exhaust that's rattling. It's the Tranny and the noise is normal. This is mentioned in the owner's video. This video is available on this site. On the left of this page under Media Clips. :z:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw the part on the video, and it says at take off the rattle is made. What about at a stop in neutral? Should it make the rattle then? Thanks again.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
IT L GO said:
It not the exhaust that's rattling. It's the Tranny and the noise is normal. This is mentioned in the owner's video. This video is available on this site. On the left of this page under Media Clips. :z:
Tranny noise is normal.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
TruBluZ06 said:
I saw the part on the video, and it says at take off the rattle is made. What about at a stop in neutral? Should it make the rattle then? Thanks again.
It will also make the noise at shutdown.

Question: Do you leave your car in neutral with the emergency brake on? If you do one of these days you are going to find your car parked in a different location than where you left it. EM's on C5's aren't worth a damn. I leave mine in either first or reverse depending what gear I'll be needing the next time I drive it. Also by doing that I never have to hear the sound that you are describing. :cheers:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts