Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which exhaust system available for the C5 provides the loudest and deepest sound?

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
SLP Loudmouths, but unless your are deaf or going deaf they are to loud for most folks. :screwy:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
B&B Bullets!

If it's too loud... GHL Magnums!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Steelerfan said:
Which exhaust system available for the C5 provides the loudest and deepest sound?
You're new here, it would appear. Welcome! Do a search on this topic, and you'll find more discussion about it than you can handle.

-Kirk

·
Registered
396 Posts
Borla Straight pipes or SLP Loudmouths would be the loudest catbacks. IMO, systems with no mufflers or resonators make the car sound like a crappy camaro. I'd go with B&B Bullets. They are a little louder and deeper than the other "loud" systems, GHL Magnums and Borla Stingers. I got mine for $560 shipped from Corvette Garage.

:thumb:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
will82 said:
Borla Straight pipes or SLP Loudmouths would be the loudest catbacks. IMO, systems with no mufflers or resonators make the car sound like a crappy camaro. I'd go with B&B Bullets. They are a little louder and deeper than the other "loud" systems, GHL Magnums and Borla Stingers. I got mine for $560 shipped from Corvette Garage.

:thumb:
Thanks Will82 and everyone for the responses. It sounds like the Bullets would work for me.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
GHL Magnum's provides a nice deep 60's muscle car sound that not too loud. :z:

·
Registered
561 Posts
IT L GO said:
GHL Magnum's provides a nice deep 60's muscle car sound that not too loud. :z:

Agree. I think the key with the GHL's is that they do not create an undue amount of resonance in the car, which gets SOOOOO annoying after a while. They also sound mean when you get on it, but reasonably quiet at idle.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Zippy said:
Did you guys know B&B is owned by ex Indy driver, Billy Boat?
Yep, I knew that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts