Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The C5 Blackwing from Donaldson and Exit28motorsports.com, more air through your screens and more power to your wheels:

'01 and '02 items in stock for immediate shipment. The pricing is $225, shipped FREE. Removal of the old box and a simple install of this filter and you have better breathing and more power.

Exit28 Motorsports is offering the exclusive automotive performance aftermarket Donaldson filter medium in the BLACKWING for the LS6 Corvette. You may not be familiar with the Donaldson name, but they are recognized throughout the world for their heavy duty truck,OEM filters and air box applications and industrial filters. Even the U.S. Government went to Donaldson for filters. From small stationary engines to the largest earth moving equipment Donaldson has over 80 years experience in manufacturing filters having over 1300 different patents on their products. One of the first filter assemblies Donaldson created was for the C5 Corvette. Why, because GM produced a world class sports car, but the stock air filter assembly is VERY restrictive! Donaldson wanted to show off their talent in filter design and manufacturing by producing the finest assembly available today. This filter assembly will allow your LS6 equipped Z06 Corvette to breath the way it should, featuring the most technologically advanced filter media available. The lifetime warrantied reusable filter will out flow its competition yet filter out the smallest dust particles. Another unique feature included with this assembly is the FLOW INDICATOR. This little gauge changes color to let you know when the filter needs cleaning. Simply clean the filter and reset the valve and you're ready to go. Clean with non solvent-based cleaner and reoil lightly.

Horsepower gains up to 16 over a stock filter for the LS1 has been seen and 10 on the '01 Z06's LS6 motor. We also see posts from meemebrs here shoing very good trap imrpovements.

Simple bolt on installation, requiring no vehicle modifications., nor shroud cutting.

You can order with us at toll free:1 877 966 8676.

Thanks!

RG

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The wholsesale pricing on these is going up. When our stock is depleted, we will be forced to raise the sales price. Please let us know if you need one and save the big buclks over the catalog houses pricing of $259.00 plus shipping.

Thanks!

RG

·
Registered
495 Posts
R.G.

Just wanted to say,,THANKS, my blackwing and my hurst shifter showed up thursday afternoon. I appriciate the great and friendly service and the excellent pricing...I will be using you again soon.

Thanks again,

NIck :D

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Does that include an intake pipe, and coupler??

If not what are you recommending???

Did you ship my Hurst, or am I at the end of the line???? Don't need it until April, but did phone in my info on Monday.

Thanks,

Win

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Z0000006 said:
Did you ship my Hurst, or am I at the end of the line???? Don't need it until April, but did phone in my info on Monday.

Thanks,

Win
I emailed a response to yours this morning.

Take care,

RG

All the after market bridges with smooth couplers equate to the same amount of gains. The volume of air they can push through is much more than stock. On a stock heads/cam car, 4-5 hp is what you can expect. You buy them for looks and more air flow.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Just installed the Blackwing on my 01 Z06. Thanks R.G for the next day delivery. Had a little problem installing it because I didn't take out the original rubber adapter from the BW. Finally figured it out and the BW installed nicely. I'm ready for the track this Saturday.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
RG in Dallas said:
To the top for those wanting an easy install on a great filter medium.:)

RG
Isn't there an incompatiblity with 02' models and this filter????

I thought I had read that thee were either lean/rich/idle issues of some sorts.......

Anyone including Exit 28, feel free to respond.:)

:cheers:

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Z0000006 said:

Isn't there an incompatiblity with 02' models and this filter????

I thought I had read that thee were either lean/rich/idle issues of some sorts.......

Anyone including Exit 28, feel free to respond.:)

I don't believe I've seen evidence to make that so. There are many threads in the past that discuss the subject and the theories behind what all air intakes do to the A/F ratios. There are threads by guys who have been to the track with gains. Thread on changed injectors, added MAFT's, etc...Those are worth searching and reading up on for a good knowledge of how these things work and the results they get.

If I wanted an easy to install, no cutting airbox mod for my Z, this is the one I'd use. The Vortex would be my choice if the cold air kit products are what one is looking for. I think they are priced right for an intake mod with very good perofmance over stock.

RG :cheers:

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
RG in Dallas said:

I don't believe I've seen evidence to make that so. There are many threads in the past that discuss the subject and the theories behind what all air intakes do to the A/F ratios. There are threads by guys who have been to the track with gains. Thread on changed injectors, added MAFT's, etc...Those are worth searching and reading up on for a good knowledge of how these things work and the results they get.

If I wanted an easy to install, no cutting airbox mod for my Z, this is the one I'd use. The Vortex would be my choice if the cold air kit products are what one is looking for. I think they are priced right for an intake mod with very good perofmance over stock.

This was the current thread I had read.....would love your comments on this.

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9468&highlight=surging

Thanks!....just trying to make some informed decisions :cheers:

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I see 'surging' as the title of that post from January, I have seen other intakes named in surging issues as well. I can't speak to that posters issues, but, I don't get calls back from customers with that issue and I stopped selling the Blackwing cold air Covers last year for surging complaints becasue I didn't think they had sufficient contact, with a foam strip if nothing else, to the radiator shroud. The maker didn't wnat ot ad it, so, we put ur inventory dollar on somehting like that elsewhere.

Also, I do see the same commentary I've seen before about a DRM test. I haven't seen those numbers or graphs and no one else has posted them. A 20 hp loss is not the norm and has been debated and wouldn't be something I'd sell if it did. If you can believe a higher flowing airbox, any airbox, will lose 20 hp on a dyno, where the shops 'fix' is a $500 reprogram to gain 20 hp, then I would stay stock, if not, and you go with consensus on airboxes and MAFTuning we see here on this Forum, then you'll find the power that GM left on the table.

·
Registered
638 Posts
ZOOOO6,

I have the Blackwing with out problems. Also using a MAFT to dial it in.

I have seen the Halltech unit make '02 25% lean by just adding the intake. As a matter of fact one member is selling his TTRIC because the Blackwing made more horsepower.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
02ZO6 said:
ZOOOO6,

I have the Blackwing with out problems. Also using a MAFT to dial it in.

I have seen the Halltech unit make '02 25% lean by just adding the intake. As a matter of fact one member is selling his TTRIC because the Blackwing made more horsepower.
Thanks for the feedback....I really have been torn by the inconsistant problems reported in the Forum by 02 owners...

I really don't want to go to the trouble and add-on like the MAFT...it is beyond the scope og my interest....

I have opted to go a completely diferent route and will be the Forum Guinea Pig for the Volant Twin intake from Xtreme....We'll see how it goes when I get my car in April!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts