Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This iIS one of the greatest auto, club site that I have ever participated in. The info, commraderie, support, and fun we have here is the greatest.

I not only love this beautiful machine but I like to enhance its performance. Iseek quality and max performance when doing a mod. My vision is to have a race car on the street, driven appropriately of course. If I was a millionaire I would Have started with a C5R and worked backward, but alas like most of us I have to start at the bottom and work up, no complaints though, I love the car And you guys (and girls too), figuretively.

I have sometimes found it frustrating and time consuming however trying to find out what it is exactly I wish to purchase next come pay day. First researching the subject matter, then manufactures, then vendors. Yes our vendors on here are great but sometimes they don't have what I need. The real problem is researching the part and application. Frequently I spend hours reading previous posts on the forum and doing net searches. Net searches alone take forever weeding thru all the crap finding the exact info you want on the 276,001 post.

Anyways I think we need a quick reference Library. For example if you want to put on a racing shock. I want to look at a list of reference articles, next a list of manufacturers, a comparison chart, application chart, and then a list of vendors so I can compare price. and lastly an installation outline is I want to do it myself.

To start this I think we need to expand our use of the "Tech Tips" section of our forum. I am going to start posting references on certain subjects such as shocks brake pads, etc etc. I will be listing Manufacturers 1st then a web address or phone # for quick reference. If a miss something or you have an addition PLEASE add to it. Hopefully the moderators will be able to then take this info and compile it for us, leaving a widow for additions and mods in the future.

Here we go!!!!!

GO TO "Tech Tips" Down there
|
\|/

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Thanks DJ, great post. The Tech Tips section was my vision of a gathering spot for tips which we would glean for articles to go on the main Pit Road section of the site. (see upper right if you click Pit Road over there <------------ ) And, if the piece was complete, it would find its way as a main article.......

I also think some of what you are talking about could be used as a product review.

I agree that we need to rapidly expand all of these sections and with that in mind, I will be having some discussions with our vendors in the very near future as well as trying to recruit some of the larger manufacturers and suppliers......

If anyone has anything to contribute, please let me know!

JC

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree entirely...

.... the Pit road section is very useful to discuss an issue in its entirety. I have started posting on the Tech Tips section to get this started. I have included Prefered vendors of course. See the Harness Bar post. Tell me what you think.

We should maybe have a "net form" to fill out for a product review. ie a click on/select form rating and a small discussion of a product that we have or are currently using.

I have not included Major Manufactures or products that we all can go pick up at our liocal Auto Zone Store. The purpose of my posts is to highlite specific, custom and racing products that have a specific application to our Z06's to enhance performance. The previous research for these products was too time consuming for me I'd rather be driving my Z06 than the PC!

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
DJ,

I agree with you as well. I've been doing the same thing here at home in a MS Word table.

The only difference I have is that I am also trying to track scheduled maintenance service parts, suppliers and cost. I'm sure you 've seen the posts for what's the part # for the magnetic drain plug or where can I find an oil filter, etc.

I think having that information readily available is just as helpful.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
JC & Dj,

Once you get them all in i was gonna pull them all into one clickable link that will bring up a "Word.doc" showing the link to go for your info. DJ keep putting in the format you started with brief description and link and i'll pull them all togather.......

Steve

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
We've had the idea for a mall/parts type DB for awhile and recently Jason has developed a prototype of an aplication for tracking parts and suppliers, though I have not thought of a good way to use the app.

Maybe this is it......Let's continue this discussion and get some more ideas on what we could do with this info and see what would be the most valuable to our members........

JC

·
Registered
0 Posts
I think with all the mods our members are doing, it would be great if they documented their mods with writen details and picture of How To's.

I know that Black Magic does an excellent job at this over at our sister site, CFivevette.com. :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts