Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am absolutly tired of rising fuel costs and with saying that, my 2002 Z is up for sale. Stock car with lite MODS, (partition and llyods mats, Hurricane air intake) Not looking for fame or a high price. Car has 43,000 on clock. This will be plain and simple. $$$30,000!!!!!!

Car has lien at bank, and also had 100,000 warranty.

Please call Steve Palmer @ 214-450-8650 :cry:

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok...Just so everyone knows... I got a PM about the car form someone wanting an "incentive"?? I am not CARMAX. So look here Monty Hall, the car is 30K. not 29,999.99. This is NOT "Let's Make A Deal" the car is UNDER book thats about all the incentive you are gonna get. Serious buyers only. Thanks

·
Registered
489 Posts
stevep1794 said:
Thanks...I have to vomit now....
Fuel savings for a 30 mpg car versus an 18 mpg (Corvette avg.) is about $900 a year on 15,000 miles. This is a savings of approximately $75 a month if you replace the Corvette with one of equal value. If you increase your payment for the replacement at more than $75 then you are actually losing more than you are saving by selling the vette.
Let some time pass to see what the norm is going to be. Right now nothing is normal. Who knows, in a week or so you might feel different.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry for venting...Fuel is just slap stupid right now...its kinda like cigarettes...when they went to 3.00 I quit buying them. And that pissed me off too. Gas prices today, ain't no different.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Steve, every other country in the world (except middle east oil producers) have always paid big bucks for fuel. This is no doubt the reason they have done a better job getting better
performance and economy form their cars better than we have. In the past we did not seek out better technology we just threw more fuel at the problem because that was the cheapest way to do it. We have just been ignorant and spoiled to the point and now that we have to actually deal with world market conditions in a tight market we are upset. This situation was bound to happen and it has.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Good luck with the sale... People are stupid if you offered it for 12,000 for sale, someone would ask you if you would take 10K

Chris

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh i understand allll there is about the middle east. i worked over there for 20 months from spet. 2003 till april 2005. I have seen the big oil refineriies first hand. and transportsed more fuel that whats in Lake Lewisville (a lake in dallas area) Im ust being irrational right now :) just venting...BIG TIME.

Car is for sale Please dissregard any BS comments made by me!!!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Chris310P said:
Good luck with the sale... People are stupid if you offered it for 12,000 for sale, someone would ask you if you would take 10K

Chris
YUP...They sure would.... :bang:

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Good luck with the sale...

·
Registered
78 Posts
steve, i fell your pain. I bought a zx-10 when i lost my company car due to cut backs in my unit. have you considered a m/c to offset fuel usage in your z? ttt for you.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Pictures +

Pics to [email protected] Also, your profile mentions borla exhaust, since I didn't see it in your description, did you remove it? And it has or had a 100k warranty?

thanks a good luck :thumb:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts