Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have deceided to sell my Z06 after a short ownership (2 months). I bought the car with 2,900 miles and it currently has 4,100 miles. The car is bone stock and never been tracked to my knowledge. It has rarely been caught in the rain by the previous owner or myself. The interior and exterior are in excellent condition. I am a perfectionist when it comes to paint and interiors and I would be very surprised if this car disappoints anyone. Asking $38,000 and located in the Chicago area.

Car has electrochromatic mirrors, HUD and memory package. No BSM. Warranty through June 2006.

PM me if you are intersted and I can send pictures in a couples days if necessary.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anyone want to buy a perfect 2003 TR Z??? With the cost of the C6 Z06 being a bit higher than many people here were hoping for I thought that selling a low milage car would be a bit easier. :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
I Think

I AM GOING TO BE LOOKING THIS WINTER FOR A Z. WHILE I DO HOPE YOU GET YOUR PRICE I DO SEE USED LOW MILAGE C-6,S COMING ON THE MARKET IN LOW 40,S TO HIGH 30,S.
THE PERFORMNACE WITH A Z51 IS ALMOST EQUAL TO THE 405HP. Z.S PLUS ALOT OF EXTRA,S THE OLD Z DOD NOT HAVE.
I WOULD HAVE LIKED TO HAD A NEW Z BUT AT 67-68,000 I FEEL I AM OUT OF THAT MARKET. THEN THERE IS THE NEW SHELBY NEXT SUMMER AT ABOUT 39.NEVER HAD A FORD BUT THEN I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED A SHELBY.
AGAIN GOOD LUCK. JUST A OPINION. :yeadog:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your advice. I appreciate anyones input. While I do not disagree with what you wrote, Z06's in Chicagoland with low mileage range from $37K to $40K. KBB and other source suggest the same.

Price is negotiable.

Btw, why wait until winter to buy a Z? Life is to short. :D

·
Registered
110 Posts
ILL.ICEMAN said:
I AM GOING TO BE LOOKING THIS WINTER FOR A Z. WHILE I DO HOPE YOU GET YOUR PRICE I DO SEE USED LOW MILAGE C-6,S COMING ON THE MARKET IN LOW 40,S TO HIGH 30,S.
THE PERFORMNACE WITH A Z51 IS ALMOST EQUAL TO THE 405HP. Z.S PLUS ALOT OF EXTRA,S THE OLD Z DOD NOT HAVE.
I WOULD HAVE LIKED TO HAD A NEW Z BUT AT 67-68,000 I FEEL I AM OUT OF THAT MARKET. THEN THERE IS THE NEW SHELBY NEXT SUMMER AT ABOUT 39.NEVER HAD A FORD BUT THEN I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED A SHELBY.
AGAIN GOOD LUCK. JUST A OPINION. :yeadog:
While your points are well taken, the Z06 market is different from the C6 market. The realtive performace figures may be similar on paper but the driving experiences are significantly different to attract different groups of buyers. As for the Shelby, the actual selling price will be much higher (at least initially) than the advertized $39K. Not even considering the waiting time to get one. My $0.02.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Mo Kalali said:
While your points are well taken, the Z06 market is different from the C6 market. The realtive performace figures may be similar on paper but the driving experiences are significantly different to attract different groups of buyers. As for the Shelby, the actual selling price will be much higher (at least initially) than the advertized $39K. Not even considering the waiting time to get one. My $0.02.
I agree with the different driving experiences, I totally disagree with the much higher Shelby markup. Sure there will always be a few dealers that want to screw the public. But Ford already anounced that they will make as many of these that they can sell. And that there won't be a shortage of them.

2003 TR Z,
It is the worst time in history to sell that car. It is a buyers market with the new body style, and a month away from a production 2006 Z06, and was mentioned a 39k 480HP Shelby Cobra. It has mostly to do with supply and demand. The supply is much higher than usual because of the mentioned things, and the buyers are lower because of the same mentioned things. Even though in Chicagoland a low mileage Z might range between $37K and $40K asking price, the selling price is much less. A much closer price is 35-36 for your car. If you are higher than 1500 from what you actually want, a real buyer won't bother asking you about your car. No offense, but I was a real buyer just a month ago, and have a great feeling for what they are actually selling for. BTW my 02 had 5700 miles on it a month ago.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If someone would give me $36,000 for it right now I will sell it for that. That is what I want but do not have an appettite to go lower than that. I can trade it and get the sales tax credit on $34,000 and be in the same place.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Several members have inquired about my car and have asked if there is any body damage or repair history on the car. There has been no touch up or accident damage to the car. There is almost no noticeable stone abrasion on the leading edges of the fenders where the sticky tires inevitably throw up stones at the car. The car is what you expect for a low mileage car. I do not think anyone would be disappointed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts