Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
up for sale is 4 zo6 tires Eagle F1 supercar
sizes 2 front 265/40/17, and 2 rear 295/35/18
80% tread left on front 75% rear, no burn out, just regular driving.
cost over $1100 new
asking $400 shipped
email me for pics at [email protected]
thx

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
Status on these?

vettez06 said:
up for sale is 4 zo6 tires Eagle F1 supercar
sizes 2 front 265/40/17, and 2 rear 295/35/18
80% tread left on front 75% rear, no burn out, just regular driving.
cost over $1100 new
asking $400 shipped
email me for pics at [email protected]
thx
Ring Ring ... sold?
Sent you email and PM
:ity:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I received the tires yesterday and they have nowhere near 75-80% tread left. The best ones have barly over 4/32" and one has about 3/32" left out of the original 8/32". Considering the legal limit is 2/32" they really only have 25% left but I will give the benefit of the doubt and consider them to have 40-50% left at best. Like I said, nowhere near 75-80%! You also failed to mention one of the front tires had a plug in it. I was honestly expecting to receive used but still quite usable tires and not these. I sent you a lengthy email about it yesterday but have yet to get a response and I am posting here in case you did not get the email. Please contact me about this. Thanks.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I saw this post when I was looking for tires and thought something did not seem quite right. Those 4 tires in that condition would be worth alot more than $300 assuming shipping will be about $100. My first clue was the guy that said he had sent a PM and and email and the guy wouldn't reply to him. Thats common. All he had to say is they were sold. I seriously hope you get this sorted out. Hopefully everyone here will help you out somehow. I know on the other forum when someone stiffs somebody it usually gets resolved somehow. It's unfortunate that you have an item where it costs $100 to ship back and forth. I cant believe no one else has commented on this yet. I wish you luck on getting this resolved. However I will go back to what I was always told. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. Getting 4 tires in essentially good condition (with the so called stated 75% tread left) for the price of 1 new tire is a steal. It never added up from the beginning to me. :mug:

·
Registered
33 Posts
I know what you are saying but I have seen sets very similar to (what he claimed) these going for going for around $500 shipped on ebay. Sometimes more, sometimes less. You are correct about the shipping being about $100 so I am pretty much stuck with them even if he would accept them back as I would still be out $200 in shipping charges. Unfortunately it also took over a month for me to get them counting the time it took my international money order (he is in Canada) to get to him and the shipping time to me. I went ahead and had them mounted up today because I really need to get my car inspected as the current one expired last month and I have been waiting on the tires since them. They will pass inspection (I hope) but I don't expect them to last very long. I told him in the email if I knew the condition of them from the start I would not have bothered with them at all due to the hassle involved, regardless of the price. I really should have picked up a set of the Firehawks as originally planned, at least until I saw these. But hey, it only took me a month and $400 to replace my 5/32"/2/32" Toyos with a set of 4/32" Goodyears... (sarcasm) :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yeah. I know what you mean. I do alot of business on ebay also and there is so much scamming going on there it is ridiculous. The new thing now is to wet the tires before you take a picture because they appear to have alot more tread than they really do when they are wet. For the most part, I don't give any prices off of ebay any credit. I would much rather pay more from a private individual. I have bought plenty of stuff off ebay too so don't get me wrong. Buying used tires is a very touchy subject though. It is hard to find a truly good used set of tires. As far as buying stuff on the forums, I would just check some references next time before you buy. If they have a problem with that they probably are not worth buying from. Just make sure you keep this post up where everybody will know about this seller. Good luck man!

·
Registered
412 Posts
I'm sorry that happened to you.

Well, the one thing I learned from this is do not trust anyone you don't 'know' on this board; this guy only had 13 posts.

·
Registered
267 Posts
SRV said:
I'm sorry that happened to you.

this guy only had 13 posts.
Exactly,

That's what set off a red flag for me. Sorry for your loss.

Kurt

1 - 13 of 13 Posts