Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a welder recently, and today did my first fab - seat base for my new (red) Evo 2.

Getting set for wheel to wheel at Midwest Council.

So far:
Installed Oil Cooler, Trans Cooler, Seat Base (not quite complete yet). Next: finish seat, weld in Kirk Bar, fire extinguisher / mount, I'll be ready to rumble.

Anybody need to make a base, let me know, I'll tell you what I learned. Welding is sooo cool.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Make sure you Evo seat has a FIA sticker on it If not you may be required to have a seat brace from the rear. We are using an Eov seat and it has the FIA sticker and I've taken care to insure it stays in good shape. I'm doing SCCA events .not sure how Midwest Council fells about this matter.
Tony #54

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the hint on the FIA sticker. rool bar install is next, may need to add some seat support... :thumb:

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jaymz said:
Nice to hear you got it together Aaron... Are you coming to any NASA events this year? Let me know..
Yeah, thanks for the consult. Not sure if NASA requires full cage (i'll have a roll bar with a door bar only)....need to check it out. :thumb:

·
Registered
78 Posts
You probably want to make sure you have a seat back brace with or without a sticker. The seat will fold like carbboard without one if you are in a side impact collision.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts