Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got what looks like a white protective overspray in door jams...& a bit between rear fender panels. Any ideas on what i can use to remove it? Would have to use something very narrow to get between top of fender panels. Came like this from factory...just hadn't had a chance to remove it yet.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hey JETBLU my Z16 had the same thing from the factory. Looks like overspray or paint splatter in the driver side door jam and underneath the gas door. I havent tried too hard to get it out yet, so I'm looking on here. Problem is the surface is so uneven here its hard to work on it with claybar or anything.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Are you sure it's over-spray or just the color without the clear-coat finish. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
It could be a body sealant of some sort, wax based or other. Naphtha should clean it up if that's what it is. Home Depot or Lowe's, Woodworkers Supply I believe sales it, (paint department). Test wipe in on an unseen area to make sure it doesn't harm the paint. Ware some gloves and do it outside if possible.

D.J.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Had that on mine too. I think it is well dried polishing compound. I took it off with some detailing spray and elbow grease. :yeadog:

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
IT L GO said:
Are you sure it's over-spray or just the color without the clear-coat finish. :cheers:
Definitely not the color without the clear-coat since Z16 is blue...& the overpray is a white color.
Think you guys are correct...it's a poloishing compound of some kind. It comes off easily in the door jams with some 3M Polishing Compound. Problem is the part between rear fenders...tuff to get in between that tight space.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
JETBLU said:
Definitely not the color without the clear-coat since Z16 is blue...& the overpray is a white color.
Think you guys are correct...it's a poloishing compound of some kind. It comes off easily in the door jams with some 3M Polishing Compound. Problem is the part between rear fenders...tuff to get in between that tight space.
The girls use a little foam tipped makeup applicator to put on eye makeup and other stuff I'm sure. Anyway, they make a great detailing aid. They are non-abrasive and will fit into the smallest cracks. They are great for cleaning the interior also. You can pick them up at the drug store. Just don't hang around the makeup counter TOO long.

D.J. :crazy:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts