Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys & Gals, could you kindly help me out?

At the present time, I have an 04 with a G5x3, under drive pulley, LG longtubes, tune (ECS) and a CAI. The car makes a nice 434 rwhp/402 rwtq.

I want some more power, but I don't want to buy heads yet since I don't know if I going to remain at 346 ci or step up to a 402, 408, etc. in a year or so.

Obviously, the size head I will purchase must reflect the displacement I select.

Even if I remain at 346, the AFR 225s are not out yet with the smaller combustion chamber and I am awaiting performance results on a 346.

Plus, isn't another company making aftermarket ls1 heads? I'm also awaiting those results.

Thus, my questions.

Should I get a FAST 90 with a 90 mm t-body and injectors as my next mod. The way I see it I'll have a little more power and have something that will work with no matter what size motor I use (346 or 408)?

If so, what size injectors should I buy? What brand? (FMS?)

I've read that some people have had problems with warped intakes from FAST. Can anyone confirm?

Along the same line, are there different versions of the FAST 90? Are manifolds produced later in time better?

What 90 mm should I get? NW or the LS2. The LS2 is way cheaper. Does the performance of the NW justify is cost?

Sorry for the large number of questions and I thank you in advance for your help. :cheers:

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm kinda in the same boat as you only I'm still debating cam choice.....

It "seems" that most of the larger duration/lift cams do benefit from the 90/90 combo, but as you know cars differ.....

I've been researching the LS2 and NW90MM for a little bit now. A&A sells an LS2 kit that has the tb and the new connector that you need to solder for $449 while the NW 90 from LG is $499....A marginal difference for not having to butcher a connector.

On a side note what LSA did you go with? I'm thinking of going G5X3 on a 112 but am a little concerned with drivability at low rpms and idle shake....I want that rumble but want to keep my fillings in my mouth! :ity:

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Hey Wavrdr,
From what I understand the stock LS2 TB will bolt right up to the C5. Check out GMpartsdirect since they are for sale there for about $220.

I might be wrong, please somebody confirm this.
I am also about the pull the trigger on the LSX intake manifold. I will get some heads later on.

Anyone using the Delphi/Racetronics 32lbs injectors?

·
Registered
387 Posts
The FAST is defintiely not a bad move. I purposely left the FAST as my last mod and picked up 20 rwhp and 15 rwtq.

32# injectors are sufficient.

there is a newer, slighty redesigned version of the FAST which is what i have.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DavidGP said:
Hey Wavrdr,
From what I understand the stock LS2 TB will bolt right up to the C5. Check out GMpartsdirect since they are for sale there for about $220.

I might be wrong, please somebody confirm this.
I am also about the pull the trigger on the LSX intake manifold. I will get some heads later on.

Anyone using the Delphi/Racetronics 32lbs injectors?
Exactly my questions, what is the performance disadvantage, if any, of using a 200 ls2 t-body as opposed to the NW unit??

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On a side note what LSA did you go with? I'm thinking of going G5X3 on a 112 but am a little concerned with drivability at low rpms and idle shake....I want that rumble but want to keep my fillings in my mouth! :ity:[/QUOTE]

114 lsa

·
Registered
195 Posts
Ditto Same Boat!

I have talked to Tony @ AFR and the folks @ FAST.

If you will take a look @ the LS7 intake, I think that you will see shall we say, striking similarities to the FAST 90 mm intake. Question answered for larger intake/TB setup!

If you don't mind loosing a bunch of low end tq in a 346" for more top end power then there may be a AFR 225 in your future.

Together with what you already have and both of the above, you run the risk of being out run by a stocker. However, with 400 + cu in, and both of the above your stainless steel scrotum will be sparking on the pavement. :D

Need more be said?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts