Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you could pick, just one Corvette as your all time favorite, what would you pick? (excluding '01 & '02 Z06's) I was thinking about this, and it is hard to find just one, there are several that I loved. I always liked the '62 Corvette, a red/black 327/360 FI 4 spd with hard top would be my choice. I think:-?

carzzy

·
Registered
523 Posts
A 1967 Maroon coupe 427/435 with the stinger and NO scavenger side pipes.......that's right,just standard exhaust.Too many side pipes these days,more than there actually were in that year.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I like the 55 thru 62 styles. That's where the side scoop was originated.

My favorite is the 61 & 62 because of the back end look. I know 2 people now who have those cars.

A friend - way back - had, I think, a 60 (red/red) with 283/290 FI motor.

I did get to ride in a 53 (white/red) once. It had a nice 6 cylinder exhaust wrap and a plesant intake drone but rode harshly and didn't have much power.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
I absolutely love my FRC!:) Having said that, my all time favorite Vette is one that my cousin owned in '66. It was a white 63 SWC with what, I believe, was a 375 hp 327, 4-speed tranny, side pipes, no A/C, knock off wheels, and a wunder-bar radio. Couldn't hear the radio when the engine was running!:lol: On the other hand, the engine was quite the music!

·
Registered
496 Posts
I guess I'll be different. My favorite will always be my first, an 82 Collector Edition. Not much power, but great styling which could still be current today. It's just a timeless design. Some day I'll have another one.

·
Registered
495 Posts
My personal favorite was my 1st vette, a 62 convertible with a 340 horse 327(all original). I liked the stingray taillight styling but I liked the fact that it had a trunk,,and if you were brave enough you could leave your spare tire at home and use the spare tire well for a beer cooler.

Nick

:guiness: :cool:

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
I love the look of the 57-61 Vettes, to me the classic Corvette. I really loved my first Vette, a 75 T-Top, drove it for 8 years. I guess you never forget your first...

·
Registered
778 Posts
Guys and Gals,

For me, it just has to be my first Vette, a '67 427/435 Marina Blue with white top and interior, side pipes and knock offs. I was the first '67 Ragtop in Pensacola as a MARCAD (Marine Aviation Cadet) about to graduate flight school. Got married and sold the Vette for a VW-nothing wrong with MY hindsight!!!

Joe Syslo :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

·
Registered
787 Posts
Absolutely a 1967 427/435hp. Coupe or roadster. In fact I was looking for one when I finally decided to order the Z06. I figured that I'd drive the Z more.
:z:

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
1957 Fuelie,with the HD racing suspension, and 4 spd transmission. Black/with silver coves. Red interior. " I can hear those solid lifters....."

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
67 427 Tri-Power Roadster

Very :cool:

·
Registered
788 Posts
1958 satin silver with red interior / 283 FI / first year with dual headlights and toothier grill....arguably the classiest car ever made.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts