Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
That reminds me, if I ever upgrade to an 02/03, I'm gonna rip those 405 badges off and replace em with real Z06 badges ;)

Anyone else think that adding the 405 ruined the logo? I mean, it doesn't even line up!

I LOVE the 02 and would trade mine in a minute, but that's my one gripe.........the desecration of the badge......

JC

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was thinking the 555 would annoy the hell out of me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
2002blackZ06 said:
I like having the 405 on there. It pisses the 01 guys off!:D :D :D [/B]
Doesn't piss me off - We bought our '01 after the '02's came out (even had an '02 on order that we cancelled) because the discounts on the leftover '01's were significant enough that it wasn't worth the $3500 net difference(at the time) for 20HP that I can get close to with a $200 Blackwing.

I think putting the HP on the badge was a little tacky, personally, but I tend to be an "anti-badge" type of guy who ripped all of the IROC stickers off his Camaros years ago. What if you mod it, and it makes MORE than 405? Then your friends say "Oh, I see it has 405HP." And you have to go "Oh, well, um, it's really more than that..." And they go " :roll: Yeah, right - it says 405..."

(All in good fun - :D)

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Say Jacob...

...how about you take a photo standing a little further back from the car so we can see just what that checkerboard is all about?

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
N4

Me................
I think the HP #'s are too retro..................
The original logo, by itself.....no matter the HP, is what the car/s ARE.
No matter the year, the HP, the upgrades, it/they will ALL always be Zora's babies.................
Me, I would have personally liked "Duntov", as a name...........
Or, ZD.......................
Big flags, and huge HP symbols were cool..........when they were in style..............:)

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
2002blackZ06 said:
I like having the 405 on there. It pisses the 01 guys off!:D :D :D
I like 405 HP on the badge, too. I believe this is the first time since 1966 that a HP emblem has been on a Vette.

carzzy

G

·
When I saw the most recent Red ZO6 at the dealer for a moment I thought it was an 01.

The 405 print is very small and certainly not obnoxious..

I think you guys that have zo6's are all lucky as hell..

The badge on either the o1's or the o2's are cool..

Maybe the 03's will say 50th?

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Beautiful photo Jacob...BUT...

...how the hell did you get the car into your kitchen:D ;)

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
PS

Pretty impressive garage too. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Jacob said:
Here's one possibility.

Thoughts?
'03? Not gonna happen.

As for the badge thing in general, Tom's got the sweetest mod I've seen on the badge...the "0" is white, the "6" is blue.... maybe he will post a shot.

No accounting for taste, as they say, but I think it's sweet!

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
N4C5S said:
Sorry Dog, I had to edit that name from your post. That cat owes us money! :)

JC
OK by me... I'm sure any of the folks that do the vinyl decals for wheels and such could consider this as an idea.

It's reminiscent of the red/white/blue theme that has a historical place in Chevy and Corvette emblems.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I like the badge. I also dig what you did with the rims. Polished or what? It looks so clean, just like my '89 IROC 5.7 electric blue .

·
Registered
71 Posts
Badges? I don't need no stinking badges.

I think any depicted hp numbers on the exterior of a car to be tacky. I have an '01, but if I had an '02, then I would swap badges.

Cubic inches are okay, but hp is tacky. And I always modify my cars, so the numbers are sort of stupid, anyway.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts