Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the fest drag racing is scheduled for 1-5. Is this a Z06 only track time or is it open to everyone? Which means we would have to race with the usual Sat night crowd.
Thanks
Chris

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Its Corvettes only

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
:thumb: Looking forward to a fun afternoon at the track. I am driving all the way to BG on my drag radials just so I can play Saturday :thumb:

Les

MikesZ06 said:
Chris as Joe indicated, this is a private track rental for Z06Vette.com members only.

Mike

·
Registered
131 Posts
Do you have to be attending the fest to particapate in the drag racing?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Z06Dad said:
Mike said it was for z06vette.com members, and you're a member, so go and bring that Z in your sig.:)

See you all there!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So it will be Corvettes only and it is not open to the general public. This means lots of track time for us then. Thats really what I wanted to know. Thanks guys. See you there.

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
Drags are at Beech Bend, and the AutoX is in the area adjacent to the Drag Strip, right? :jammin:
I'm doing the AutoX, and figured I could watch the drags during "down time" :idea:

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
Adam Boca said:
Not exactly true...Z06vette.com did not pay the $5K to rent the track that I am aware of..

This is an open Corvette event..No Corvette will be turned away..

Adam
I stand corrected.

Since you are obviously in charge of the Drag racing event on Saturday Adam, have you made sure that good track prep will take place??

Mike

·
NCM Delivery Staff
611 Posts
MikesZ06 said:
I stand corrected.

Since you are obviously in charge of the Drag racing event on Saturday Adam, have you made sure that good track prep will take place??

Mike
Mike,

Beech Bend is in charge of it as per the NCM Agenda..

1:00pm - 5:00pm Drag Racing at Beech Bend Race Park

This is not a NCM Event.
Drag Racing Participation Fee
$15 per participant payable at Beech Bend Race Park day of the event.
$5 per spectator payable at Beech Bend Race Park day of the event
For Directions to Beech Bend Click Here

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Hey Adam,

Did the NCM pay for the Drag strip rental, if so, should'nt we be paying the NCM for racing. The NCM says pay at the gate.

Who paid the $5000.00 to rent the drag strip for 4 hours?

Joe

Adam Boca said:
Not exactly true...Z06vette.com did not pay the $5K to rent the track that I am aware of..

This is an open Corvette event..No Corvette will be turned away..

Adam

·
NCM Delivery Staff
611 Posts
Joe,

Please see my other post..

Here is the deal..

NCM did not pay for the track rental
NCM only arranged for Drag Race time
Beech Bend works, collects money, and everything else
You show up.

We only supplied the info for drag racing on the agenda..We are not involved in it what so ever..

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Sorry Adam,

My misunderstanding, I've been telling folks all along that it was NOT an NCM event and that we pay at the gate.

I got thrown off when you stated that "we" did not pay the $5000.00 track rental. I thought you were implying that the NCM paid $5000.00 for the track rental.

See ya next week.

Joe

1 - 20 of 64 Posts