Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone since my loveing father and a few other people can't make it to next years fest we should do a fest in the west! I was thinking in late February in maybe Las Vegas!! Vegas would be a good party. OHHH YAAA!!! Tell me what you think!
Lauren :cheers:

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Vegas parking would be a PITA anywhere its held and vandals would have a hayday with all the Vettes in town.

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Vegas has a dragstrip and I am sure we could coax our supporting vendor, spring Mountain, into hosting an HPDE for us...

Mark

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
Personally, I can't stand Vegas, and see Phoenix as a better alternative, nowhere near as crowded, plus there is a road course there and a dragstrip. Let's shoot for mid january or mid february of '07. I know some great roads in the desert around phoenix that will make for some kick ass road tours too! :cheers: Let's not let this thread die like it did last year!

Jimbo

·
Premium Member
4,330 Posts
Jim Lembo said:
Personally, I can't stand Vegas, and see Phoenix as a better alternative, nowhere near as crowded, plus there is a road course there and a dragstrip. Let's shoot for mid january or mid february of '07. I know some great roads in the desert around phoenix that will make for some kick ass road tours too! :cheers: Let's not let this thread die like it did last year!

Jimbo
I would have to agree with you Jim. There are hotels by the drag strip that might meet our needs. Maybe we can talk Ken into being the coordinator?:)

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
Speedratchet said:
I would have to agree with you Jim. There are hotels by the drag strip that might meet our needs. Maybe we can talk Ken into being the coordinator?:)
Thanks Gary! There are just too many distractions in Vegas!
Plus, the weather in Phoenix is better during the winter.:cheers:

Jim

·
Premium Member
6,847 Posts
Hey jim.. maybe she didn't want you to come..
???
LOL

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
Imagine, leaving KC in mid January when the temps are sub freezing. Wearing a ski parka and headed to Phoenix. Getting off the plane to 75* weather. Oh baby, bring on the shorts. Last year when I went down to Az, the gang took me directly to a Corvette show. I had to go into the building and change into shorts and a tshirt. It was awesome.

1 - 20 of 215 Posts