Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I were going to register but it looks like the Patton tour and the KY Down Under are full. Does anyone have up to date data on availabilty of these tours?

Rudy

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Not on any of those, but if they are full you can certainly join the group that is going to the Maker's Mark Distillery on Thursday morning. Its not an official event put on by the NCM, I am doing it since there were so many members that wanted to go.

Feel free to sign on to that, there is a separate thread in here for it...

To find out about the NCM tours contact Adam Boca, he could let you know about their availability.

Mark

·
Registered
270 Posts
rudy oliver said:
My wife and I were going to register but it looks like the Patton tour and the KY Down Under are full. Does anyone have up to date data on availabilty of these tours?

Rudy
On the other hand, tag alongs are permitted to Patton's Museum. Admission is free, and lunch is on your own. You don't have to eat with the tour group. Probably the same for all of the other tours. See me on the back end of all of the tours. When I registered all of the tours were sold out also, but that won't deter me. :guiness:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Adam Boca said:
You must be registered to get into the tours with the groups, guided tours, and lunches..
But since the tours were filled early, does that stop one from going along with the group, entering on one's own and traveling back with the group? After all, it is about driving. :thumb:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Adam Boca said:
We do not like for folks to tag along with the group. If you do however choose to, you will be the last car on the tour.
Acutally, the last CARS, as several are going along that have not registered because of the limited number permitted to register. Need more slots opened for these tours. :sneaky:

·
NCM Delivery Staff
611 Posts
The numbers are not set arbitrarily they are set to the factors below. They are based on very specific factors. Among them are:

1: # of people in a set place due to Fire Marshals regulations
2: # of people a certain caterer/vendor can handle
3: Traffic control
4: # of people certain NCM volunteer guides feel comfortable handling

If you mix into a road tour you are blocking someone that has paid for it and deserves first chance, you increase the amount of work a volunteer tour guide has to do in policing stops. You antagonize the vendors we deal with by just showing up, after we have giving them full count 2 weeks in advance. And you turn what should be fun for paying customer into a disorganized event, intern reflecting poorly on the NCM. We rely heavily on volunteer guides that using their own gas, on their own time, etc.

We try to make these event fun and enjoyable, but we have to work within certain limitations. 1 is the amount of volunteers that we have, 2 is the amount of cooperation we get from people attending, and the amount of assistance we get from the co hosting group. We would love to offer more spots, but when the existing road tours do not sell to their max we can not add additional tours.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Adam,

It is a shame we can't get more folks on the tours - maybe next time.

Les

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
Adam Boca said:
hub_cap,

Our records indicate the you registered on 4/28. Each road tour was still open at the time of your registration. I am having a hard time seeing what issues you had..They were all avail..

Adam
You've made your point, Adam.
You might want to slack off a little your side comments! :mad:

Mike

·
Registered
270 Posts
Adam Boca said:
hub_cap,

Our records indicate the you registered on 4/28. Each road tour was still open at the time of your registration. I am having a hard time seeing what issues you had..They were all avail..

Adam

BTW: The post is not meant as an attack, but a general inquiry.
Adam: I was just ragging you a little. I have been on all the tours except the Patton tour is why I didn't register for any of them. We are going to Louisville the day of the Patton tour to meet some family so we couldn't go anyway.
Thanks for the explaination as to why the tours are limited. This answered the very first question on this topic.
See ya next week at registration.
PS. Your comments were not taken as an attack. I'm too old to let stuff bother me anyway. :D

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Come join us for the Free Makers Mark Tour.

Joe

·
Premium Member
6,847 Posts
i paid for the downunder tour..

heck with the roos.. i'm going to makers mark.. you can have my spot..
actually..
we paid for 2

·
Registered
270 Posts
wvphoto said:
i paid for the downunder tour..

heck with the roos.. i'm going to makers mark.. you can have my spot..
actually..
we paid for 2
Thanks for the offer, but substitutions will have to be approved by management if you submit the request in triplicate 14 days in advance of the desired change (wait it is too late for this). :guiness:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts