Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
I had my stock injectors resized by Fuel Injector Connection to 48lbs @ 58psi fuel rail pressure and the cost with shipping was only $290.00. I would give them a call/email, I believe you can resize you stock injectors up to 80lbs. I pulled mine on a Monday and had them back by that same Thursday. Your tunner should be able to tell you just how large an injector resize you need when he pulls the duty cycle of the injector from your ECM. Mine went from close to 100% and dropped down to mid 70's before I did some head work. I am now back at 79% after that change. The max duty cycle you want is 80%. I don't know if 60lbs is going to be to much or not.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had my stock injectors resized by Fuel Injector Connection to 48lbs @ 58psi fuel rail pressure and the cost with shipping was only $290.00. I would give them a call/email, I believe you can resize you stock injectors up to 80lbs. I pulled mine on a Monday and had them back by that same Thursday. Your tunner should be able to tell you just how large an injector resize you need when he pulls the duty cycle of the injector from your ECM. Mine went from close to 100% and dropped down to mid 70's before I did some head work. I am now back at 79% after that change. The max duty cycle you want is 80%. I don't know if 60lbs is going to be to much or not.
Thanks

·
Z06 Tech Advisor
1,868 Posts
Internal to the fuel injector is an electrical coil
Each make or model of fuel injectors can have a different coil
When the PCM commands the fuel injector on there is a delay/latency/reaction time of the coil reacting

Within GM calibration there is a fuel injector voltage offset table as shown below that has many values and are set for the coil of the stock OEM injector used for that vehicle

When changing to 3rd party or different flow size injectors all those values need to be changed for the specs of that injector design

If the wrong values are used then the PCM could command the injector ON time wrongly like before or after the ign coil was commanded to the spark plug and cause the wrong combustion to the cylinder

Do not accept fuel injectors where the vendor selling you the injectors cannot give you this complete table or
a tuner who either does not know what this table is for or also does not have the correct values for the injectors you're buying
Find that out before buying injectors and assure all fuel injector table values are correctly changed

Also assure the injector you're buying is rated for a fuel rail pressure of 58 PSI as some are rated as XX LB/HR flow but at a fuel rail of the older 43 PSI standard, thus then when installing at 58 PSI those the flow then is larger than what the rating was.

·
Registered
LS7 based custom block and heads, all engineering and tuning by myself. N/A 93 oct pump gas. 720 HP
10 Posts
Another good reason for taking stock injectors and enlarging the port.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts