Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jim, can you tell us how the T-1 filter compares to the stock for keeping out dirt/dust? When checking my filter before I noticed some very, very fine "sand" inside the elbow. It was really small and fine.

Also, can we use the K&N recharge kit to clean this filter or should we use something else?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
See, when I posted this anomoly several months ago, you guys thought I was on crack!!
:cheers:

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
No, my question was basically, "since these filters flow more, and are less restrictive, over the long run, are microscopic or larger airborne or road borne particles in conjunction with the filter element oil doing any damage longterm to an engine, and its electronic sensors and devices"
Someone posted before I did on CF asking a similar question.
I'm running the T1 until I hear more.
:cheers:

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Some subscribe to "if it flows more air, it has to be less restrictive, so it must allow more contaminants in".
X amount of air with x amount of schmutz
Double the amount of air and twice (?) the amount of schmutz(?)

I'm just armchair engineering here guys:eek:

G

·
Pre-filter

We have a nylon pre-filter that filters particulates out down to anthrax size;)

Nothing but air can get through it. $19.95

You wanted power, you got it. We can make the filter more restrictive with cotton, or paper which is back to stock.

If you keep it oiled every couple of weeks, it will filter as well as stock.

If you like, I can get the particulate level of the filter for everyone, but it is the exact same synthetic filter element used by Donaldson for years.

Make sure the hole in the filter has the 1" hose attached to it. That hole should not be open.

Sand can not get through the filter.

Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts