Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep telling myself that I am going to stop by the auto parts store and pick up a "plug" kit along with a small siscor jack. Something that I can secure in the left side "hole" just in case I have a tire problem.
I don't remember seeing "lift" points in the manual, I browsed it quickly when I first got my car. Where are the so called "safe" places to place a floor or siscor jack on the Z06?

Thanks in advance.

------------------
QuickSilver with red/black interior, chromatic mirrors,
memory package and Lloyd Z06 mats

·
Registered
0 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dennis Jurs:
I for one would like a better way than the goop. Perhaps some sort of temporary repair or plug. Will check it out.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dennis,

I discussed this with Goodyear. They informed me that a plugged tire is not what they consider to be a properly repaired tire and will void the warranty of the tire. They said the only way to properly repair the tire is to patch it from the inside.

------------------
Frank Calmes Quicksilver 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, B&B PRT's with Speedway Tips, Ripper Shifter with Momo Knob, Chrome Z06 Wheels

Sherylann Calmes Black 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, Chrome Z06 Wheels

[email protected]

·
Registered
566 Posts
Frank:

I was thinking along the line of just a temporary repair (to plug the leak and get going again) until the tire could be repaired as you say. Only problem would be locating the source of the leak, one could always do the goop, if that did not work.

------------------
Quicksilver Z06

·
Registered
107 Posts
Frank,
Thanks for chasing that down (been following since the original thread). Since our cars are the same color, maybe we could get together for some of those oil changes!

------------------
If you have to drive, do it in a C5.
Delivered 1/19/01 - Z06 Quicksilver/Black
Installed - custom license plate, exhaust plate
To be added - Ripper, Flameball

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hasbro,

I was hoping to be able to use it on the wife's Z, but it goes by the Vin #.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hasbro:
Frank,
Thanks for chasing that down (been following since the original thread). Since our cars are the same color, maybe we could get together for some of those oil changes!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Frank:

Thanks for updating us on the outcome...always believed if anyone could "get the straight goop" on anything, it would be you! LOL

Zippy

------------------

·
Registered
0 Posts
I just had another call from GM Executive offices concerning the tire sealant. As you know, the only way to get the sealant is to buy the entire inflator kit. That's $300+!!

Starting February 1st, a part # will be available for the sealant so that we can order from the dealer. There are limited quantities so it will be available for those that need it until GM is able to build up their stock supplies.

GM appologized for the oversight and as a token of gratitude, they gave me a "Smart Care" card. This allows me to get oil changes and recommended services free for one year.

Thank You GM...I am a VERY happy customer.

------------------
Frank Calmes Quicksilver 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, B&B PRT's with Speedway Tips, Ripper Shifter with Momo Knob, Chrome Z06 Wheels

Sherylann Calmes Black 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, Chrome Z06 Wheels

[email protected]

[This message has been edited by fcalmes (edited 01-19-2001).]

·
Registered
60 Posts
Cool Frank thanks for the info.

------------------
Dave Williams
NCM #6437
98 Pace Car Sold
01 Z06 MY/MR
Born 10/03/00
R8C 10/21/00
Delivered and Home 10/23/00
Bragg Smith Drive your own 10/27/00

Another Satisfied Karl Johanson Customer

·
Registered
528 Posts
All right Frank!

Thanks for the info.

------------------
My Web Site

01 Z06 - No time slips yet
92 RS ProStreet Camaro - Best E.T to date 10.15 @ 136 mph (all throttle no bottle)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Good job Frank. Thanks. Can we all get one of those cards for complaining about something?

------------------

1997 Sebring Silver Coupe For Sale

2001 Quicksilver Z06
Another satisfied Karl Johanson customer

·
Registered
566 Posts
I for one would like a better way than the goop. Perhaps some sort of temporary repair or plug. Will check it out.

------------------
Quicksilver Z06

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fcalmes:
I just had another call from GM Executive offices concerning the tire sealant. As you know, the only way to get the sealant is to buy the entire inflator kit. That's $300+!!

Starting February 1st, a part # will be available for the sealant so that we can order from the dealer. There are limited quantities so it will be available for those that need it until GM is able to build up their stock supplies.

GM appologized for the oversight and as a token of gratitude, they gave me a "Smart Care" card. This allows me to get oil changes and recommended services free for one year.

Thank You GM...I am a VERY happy customer.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Frank.....That Smart Card and the oil changes...is that only for your 2 Z's? With oil changes due every 15 thousand miles now...Man!! You and the Missus are going to have lotsa smiles to put on your MOCHINES!!!TO take advantage of that phase of it!

Thanks a BUNCH!! FOr getting the General straightened out on this subject....Man what a Forum!! Thanks Administrators and Moderators!!!! Lookin' forward to July!!

------------------
Deposit on 2002 MY Z06-First on Campbell Chevy(Bowling Green,KY)list!! Due in late July!:(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts