Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After placing my order for my z06on june 29 the dealer finally called to inform me my order had finally been assigned a build date.To verify this I called the gm customer service line and a build date of the week of february 18 was confirmed.I should recieve the car in late march just about the time the snow melts up here.How are the rest of the canadian orders out there progressing?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Glad more Zeds are making it to Canada. Wow!; having that car arrive in early spring is going to give you testosterone poisioning!
I was one of the lucky Canadians who got an 02 early in the production year (early Aug.02). I ordered an 01 in Nov.00 but by Jan.02 I decided I wanted the 02 (the +hp was irresistable!). I'll bet the anticipation is sweet!!

·
Registered
945 Posts
Wow, your dealer must not be one of the big allocation Corvette dealers. I used Shaganappi Chev Olds in Calgary, who is the biggest Corvette dealer in Western Canada. I had mine by Nov 1st and I was 7th on their list I believe. The first two rolled in in August. Nine months is a long time to wait for your car. But then again, I only really got three weeks more driving than you will get. But I got to play with it (and add Mods) a whole bunch in my garage while she is sitting on her new 4 post lift waiting and waiting for that one spring day....................:cheers:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Z06 Addict: The way I heard it, the dealership (Dan Kane in Windsor Ont.) called in a favour that GM owed them. Hope that Spring day comes soon for you!:cheers:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
2002blackz06-I ordered my car through edmonton motors.They sold four 2001 z06's last year and I am number two on their list.They originally were told they were getting three z06's for 2002 but they have since been told mine may be their last.A friend of mine ordered through a local dealer who was told they would get one this year but they are now being told that won't happen after all.He is now searching canada wide for a car.The last he heard there are still a few dealers in canada that have unsold z06's.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Abouttime,

Tell your buddy to call Towne Chev in Oakville, Ontario and ask for Joe Pietracoupa (he sold me my car and was great to work with). I understand they have one more coming in that isn't spoken for yet and they'll give him $2,000 off list (we don't have the $2002 deal in Canada) if he tells them that I sent him.

Good luck with your car,

Mark:cheers:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts