Corvette Z06 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since I got HIDs in my ECode headlights I have been on a quest to get projectors in my car. As anyone has run HIDs in a C5 knows, the halogen headlights are just not the right casing for HID lights.

Long story short: today I came across a direct bolt in PROJECTOR equiped C5 headlights! Granted the projectors look mediocre, at best...but it is still a step in the right direction! Now for the bad news, while most of similar pseudo-projector setups for other makes range from 100-300, this kit comes in at a whopping $1,500!! Which is MUCH to MUCH for a set of projector headlights!

So, I am hoping that somebody has some insight as to who the manufacturer is, or a Z06 vendor will go to bat and try to sell these at a REASONABLE price!!!

Here are some pictures:

The manufacturer as far as I can tell is XGL. I cannot find a web site or any info on them. Needless to say I doubt if I could they would not sell to individuals.

Please, please, some Z06 Vendor bring these to market!

-N

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
ahhh Nabbs, one of the Ballast for my HID's went out so I'm back to "normal" lights and it sucks.
I'd be curious if anyone gets these for a decent price.
IM me the web page for these please
Brian

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!!!!!!

I JUST TALKED TO THE MANUFACTURER OF THE KIT, THE KIT INCLUDES EVERYTHING AND COSTS $851.51 PER KIT!!!! THAT MEANS YOU GET A TURN KEY HID SETUP FOR UNDER A GRAND!!!

Now that bad news: they need a MINIMUM of 25 orders! I'm trying to get one kit for testing. Hopefully I'll be able to report back.

-N

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
Jeez Nabbs,
I haven't even had a chance to install the Euro HID kit, I found when we talked about this a while back, and you're throwing me more options that are peaking my interest.

I'd like to get updates on this also!! Keep up the good work. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, they won't sell me an individual kit :( They require a minimum of 25 orders out there. So we need a vendor to step up and purchase a bulk order. But we now know what the wholesale cost is: 899.51 so don't throw a 700 Corvette tax on us like the other stealers are.

I am waiting on detailed pictures and specs from him, but this kit IS real and IS in production. You can have it at your doorstep in 3 business days if you order right away.

The projector is a REAL projector, NOT a foglight projector retrofitted into the car. As of now, they have NOT put this into a C5, but have made molds based on the OEM light -- so it is a direct replacement.

C'mon where are the vendors on this one!!

-N

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mjustmike said:
Jeez Nabbs,
I haven't even had a chance to install the Euro HID kit, I found when we talked about this a while back, and you're throwing me more options that are peaking my interest.

I'd like to get updates on this also!! Keep up the good work. :thumb:
My hope is that they will in fact sell just the headlights, in which case, you would just be out the ecode headlights.

-N

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
I was just razzing you buddy!!

I did a search and found probably the same site you did. I think the black ones would be kind of kool on my eb. I'll have to think about it some more, chrome or black?????!!!!! Hmmmm.....

·
Registered
353 Posts
wow someone pm me a link to the manufacturer. i want the whitest/brightest lights i can get. i dont want the 9000 bulbs or whatever thier number is they come real blue..... will i have to change anything in the housing or the motor? like extra weight and may need brass gears?

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
*** Important ***

I been on the phone with the manufacturer of this product quite a bit today. I have also been calling Z06 Forum Vendors to see if they would be interested in stocking this item.

They are going to be looking at this link, so it would be most helpful if people would post that they are interested in this item.

Again, I am gaining nothing financially or otherwise by this, I just want to bring a REAL C5 Projector setup to the marketplace so that I can drive at night and not be blind.

To date I have gone through 3 lighting configurations, and am still not satisfied.

The mnfr is sending me detailed pictures and a write up that I will post asap.

Keep the interest coming, as they are looking at this thread!

-N

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mjustmike said:
I was just razzing you buddy!!

I did a search and found probably the same site you did. I think the black ones would be kind of kool on my eb. I'll have to think about it some more, chrome or black?????!!!!! Hmmmm.....
hehe...

Don't buy anything *yet*. I am hoping that a Z06 Forum Vendor will start stocking this for a considerably better price then you are seeing online right now.

The cost I was quoted is 1/2 of what the 2 non-Z06 vendors are selling online.

-N

·
Registered
629 Posts
Nabbs said:
*** Important ***

They are going to be looking at this link, so it would be most helpful if people would post that they are interested in this item.

Again, I am gaining nothing financially or otherwise by this, I just want to bring a REAL C5 Projector setup to the marketplace so that I can drive at night and not be blind.

To date I have gone through 3 lighting configurations, and am still not satisfied.

-N
Did you try the european glass lens lights (direct replacement) with the non DOT bulbs? I was planning on getting those. I think I saw them from one of the forum vendors for about $350.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
meldog21 said:
Did you try the european glass lens lights (direct replacement) with the non DOT bulbs? I was planning on getting those. I think I saw them from one of the forum vendors for about $350.
I'm currently running ecode/euro lens/T84 lenses with 4300K HID bulbs. The HID is very bright, but the light is unfocused. The only way to get this to work right is with projectors.

-N

·
Registered
425 Posts
Interested in seeing this happen...

Matt

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just got a bunch of technical specs and pictures from the mnfr. Things to note:

1- These are DOT certified!
2- They come with EVERYTHING you need to run a Projector HID Setup (HID bulbs, Projector Headlights, etc)
3- They are IN production as we speak.

I will try to post pix shortly, but I don't want to break forum rules.

-N

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm interested.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.