Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Just thought I'd throw up a pic... I was going to make my mounting stuff with a buddy who builds custom sport trucks, but he's become super tied up putting a 302 V8 into his bagged Ranger...

Thus, I decided to do it "right" and get the goods. The "goods" consisted of Speedware motorsports black annodized aluminum side mounts, Sparco universal sliders, and Sparco C5 mounting brackets. The brackets haven't come in yet, but I started test fitting all the other stuff.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/cobra4b/000_0816.jpg

I've had to run to the hardware store to get a bunch of new nuts/bolts b/c I needed more clearance as I'm mounting the seat as low as possible (I'm 6'4")

I can't wait to get this all done :D

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Nice seats. :cheers:

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^ I know... I finally broke down and bought the stuff instead of making it... I'll post up pics when I get the seats fully in.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hopefully the shoulder bolsters don't fade as badly as they have on my Sparco Evo. It has a distinct color difference from where the sun hits, and where it's blocked by the harness...I throw the harness over the top of the seat when I'm not in it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am not familiar with the sparco roadster model. How is it's size compared to the Evo and the Evo 2? To me the Evo was a little tight and the Evo 2 was too wide. I was looking for a happy medium. I really like the recaro Pole Position but I was told it will not fit in our cars for some reason.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Sweet seats man! Keep us updated with pics. :yeadog:

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can do that... they're in... ran them at VIR this past weekend. I've just been busy/lazy. I'll snap some this evening.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Cobra4B said:
I can do that... they're in... ran them at VIR this past weekend. I've just been busy/lazy. I'll snap some this evening.
How do you like these on the street and at the track? I'm planning on ordering a set within the next month or so.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Being 6'4" 235 with a 36" waist they're a hair tight on the street in my hips. After 3:30min to VIR I was "OK" not hurting, but anything more like 5 hours and I'd probably be wanting my stock seat. On track they're great and hold you in a million times better than stock.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Look amazing and great with the black interior... they seem to be great quality and are made of jacard (sp?) so it's a really thick grippy fabric. They feel very nice to me.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
They look cool. :thumb:

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
^ That's where I got mine from... went up there to sit in them before taking delivery.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I put the Evo 2 in my 01. I'm 6'5" 250 and with my helmet on I have to take the pads out of the seat(talk about feeling the road!) to keep it out of the headliner. I had a chance to drive on Spring Moutain with the stock seats, there is no comparison for track use. I forgot how hard it is to concentrate when you are sliding around in the seat. For the street they are a pain to get in and out of and with the pads in my eyes are about level with the top of the mirror but waaaay more comfortable than with them out.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
^ What size waist are you... do your Evo 2 pinch your hips at all, or do you sit down in it well. Mine's just a hair tight. I'm 6'4" 235 w/ a 36" waist... just have a big frame.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Cobra, I have a 38 inch waist(I feel kind of weird talking about my measurements!) the seat fits just right but no late night Wendy's runs!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts