Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
finally installed- GHL Bullets, T84s, 4300K HIDs

installed the exhaust myself yesterday

spent 7 hours installing the xenons today (what a bitch!!!)

some drive by and revving videos soon hopefully

I didn't realize how incredibly BADASS this exhaust sounds until I let my friend rev it to redline with me standing behind the car.

enjoy the pics.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! The HIDs are sooo incredibly better. the halogen highbeams that came with the xenon kit make me feel like i have flashlights in front of the car. plus the HIDs REALLY set off the car nicely.

can't wait to show you guys how it sounds!

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Looks good. How did you get the old cat-back off without cutting it? :cheers:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IT L GO said:
i go to an automotive school so i had access to a lift. we got the left side exhaust out with no problems, but because of the transmission being in the way on the right side, we had to unbolt the swaybar on both sides and pull it down for more room

·
Registered
102 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
I like the 6000k better... it looks more like true light without the bluish haze.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Well if you look in the picture the 8000k is more truer white than 6000k. The 6000k had a more of a bluish tint to it. I had them both on the car, and ended up finally with the 8000k.

I even had the 4200k bulbs on there too.

Dixit

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's weird, because this is the chart that was on the page that I bought the xenons from.

4300K - BRIGHT WHITE (BRIGHTEST)
5000K - INTENSE WHITE
6000K - CRYSTAL WHITE
8000K - CRYSTAL BLUE (RECOMMENDED)
10000K - AQUA BLUE
12000K - BLUE-PURPLE
14000K - PURPLE

I went with 4300K because it was the whitest/least blue light and it was also the brightest.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
IT L GO said:

I had to do this in my driveway, with jacks, jack stands and wood blocks. Kept going up and up..... and had to remove the rear sway bar.
From the side I'd bet the car looked like it was standing on its nose... :lol:

I have the same exhaust and I had decided that the GHL's were the best sound IMHO and had to have them.
Looks like you had a good install!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
it was a fairly easy and straightforward install, and i've never done exhaust work before. i did have 50 students drooling around the car to help, though :jammin:

i couldn't be happier with this exhaust. it sounds incredible, i cant get enough! :z: :coo: :usa: :guiness: :rofl: :cheers: :jawdrop:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts