Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After over a year's planning, dreaming and, above all, saving cash, it's here! I got the keys to my Z two days ago, and I couldn't possibly be more satisfied!

As I live in Sweden, Europe, the Z06 isn't available, so I had one imported from Florida. It is an amazing :eek: car, so much power, so little effort! I love everything about it. And, boy, does it turn heads when I cruise around town!

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Congratulations.

You must have one very unique car over there and yes, they are a real blast to drive.

Pat :thumb:

·
Premium Member
9,755 Posts
Congratulations on your new ride !
It must be cool to have a Vette over there - very unique.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Congratulations on your ZEE. Post some pictures when you can. :z: :z:

·
Registered
806 Posts
I bet it's gonna be a real eye catcher! Have fun with it and lets see some pics of her i :thumb: n the countryside!!!!

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the best and friendliest site on the net. :z: Lots a great people with lots of great information, willing to share at a moments notice. :thumb:

Don

·
Registered
497 Posts
congrats dude, i know how it feels :coo:

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
Congratulations on the Z and welcome to :z:
Where in Sweden are you?
Enjoy the ride! :jammin:

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Congrats and enjoy!!!

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the site! :z:

·
Registered
40 Posts
From one new owner to another, congratulations! Regardless of where you live the Z is a great addition to anyone's garage!

I am curious, what is insurance costing you? How do you handle warranty situations - or is that not a concern?

Good Luck!

D-Day

:yeadog:

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Congrats on your new Z. :cheers: Send some pics from over there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi all, and thanks!

I've had the Z for a week now and it is truly a wonderful car, although it's quite thirsty when you push it (Gas costs about USD 5,50/gallon in Sweden). But it's definitely worth it!

D-Day asked about insurance and warranty - I pay USD 1640 for one years full insurance. I don't know what it costs in the states but this is quite reasonable for a sportscar in Sweden. And I don't plan on driving it in the winter, so insurance will probably end up at USD 1100.
As for warranty, I'm not quite sure. I guess the warranty is still valid in Sweden, but luckily I haven't seen the need for it yet.

DennyM asked where in Sweden I live - I live in Lund, in the very south of Sweden.

pauln64 asked what it cost to ship the car - I have no idea! I hired a company to import the car for me. I think I got a good deal, as did the company that imported the car. An already imported '02 Z will set you back USD 60,000, and let's just say I paid a lot less than that!

Many of you asked for pictures, and I have tried to post pictures to no avail. The Posting Rules say I am not allowed to post attahcments. Li'l help here please!

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Bresenham said:
Hi all, and thanks!

I've had the Z for a week now and it is truly a wonderful car, although it's quite thirsty when you push it (Gas costs about USD 5,50/gallon in Sweden). But it's definitely worth it!

D-Day asked about insurance and warranty - I pay USD 1640 for one years full insurance. I don't know what it costs in the states but this is quite reasonable for a sportscar in Sweden. And I don't plan on driving it in the winter, so insurance will probably end up at USD 1100.
As for warranty, I'm not quite sure. I guess the warranty is still valid in Sweden, but luckily I haven't seen the need for it yet.

DennyM asked where in Sweden I live - I live in Lund, in the very south of Sweden.

pauln64 asked what it cost to ship the car - I have no idea! I hired a company to import the car for me. I think I got a good deal, as did the company that imported the car. An already imported '02 Z will set you back USD 60,000, and let's just say I paid a lot less than that!

Many of you asked for pictures, and I have tried to post pictures to no avail. The Posting Rules say I am not allowed to post attahcments. Li'l help here please!
Sounds like you are the man over there. Lots of luck with your new car and burn some rubber for us.

D.J. ;) ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts