Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have some questions

sold

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Great post. Congrats on your new Z16 the best of the best. Your California car is not detuned in any way over the other 49 states. Taking your car to the dealer for anything to me is always a risky proposition. I'd go to Jiffy lube before I'd let the Dealer touch my car. For the record I change my own oil. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Congrats on the purchase, I had the dealer change my oil for the first 2 years just to keep good relationship with them incase something happened, well all my abuse to the car didnt hurst the car at all, but the dealer decided to short me a few quarts of oil one time, thats a mistake but they denied it and told me something was wrong with the car so I took it in and they didnt even check for excess oil consumption, WTF , I drove for hours, paid $1xx, every 3k miles and this is the treatment I got :bmad: , well things happen and Im over it but from then on Im changing oil and filter my self, actually I do everything myself, no matter what people say to have proffesionals do certain things,"take it to a shop" they say, well there is no professional for your car like yourself. Trust me, you'll enjoy doing it, It will save of money, and it will be done better then anyone will do, and if something goes wrong you know where to pin point the problem!

as for the oil filter you mentioned I thought that was the AC delco's part number, I also believe that one was discontinued and theres a new part number for the filter, if you do it yourself the parts store will tell you or have the book what goes on your car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts