Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After nearly a year, an order that didn't go throught on an 01, and countless hours of searching and switching back and forth from red to yellow, I finally picked up the Z I really wanted. YUP!!! IT"S YELLOW, with the mod,red interior. Thanks to this and the CF I was able to locate this vehicle in Ohio. The only down side to this whole experience was that a friend and i took a bus down to Ohio from Mass. and it took us 21 hours. On such short notice it was the only transportation I could find to Ohio. So I ended up riding on a couped up smelly bus for 21 hours /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif so that I could get this car. Driving home wasn't bad at all though. I was so excited that the 850 miles seemed like a walk in the park. In fact, I made it all the way home without even getting pulled over, that is until I got within 1/4 mile of my front door. I was anxious to get home because I was tired and wanted to get the Z indoors. I was going through town, almost home, and then I see flashing blue lights /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif The police officer comes to my window and says DAMN this thing is sweet!! He asked if I could stick around while he called his partner to come see it. Here I am thinking that I was getting pulled over for speeding (because I was /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif ), and this guy just wants to check out my car. He said he thought it was a Lamborghini. I thought that was pretty funny, as its pretty difficult to mistake one for the other. But, he let me go, and I finally made it home in 1 piece. I can't wait to see what this car can do. Thanks to everyone at Z06vette.com and the CF for all the answered questions and interesting posts I LOVE YOU GUYS! (well, maybe thats going a little over board, but you get the picture /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif)

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Welcome to the fam! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Any questions whether the gendarmes are attracted to MY? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif Is it because the Winchell's signs are the same color? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
765 Posts
/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif , but you're not getting my Bud Lite!

Congrats on the car, and not getting a ticket. My neighbor said the cops pull him over all the time around here to see the car and BS - beats getting a ticket any day. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

My Personal Webpage - click here

Click image below for Lamb Racing website
Too big....N4

·
Registered
0 Posts
/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif CONGRATS!!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Vetroc:

You have one of the best "getting my new Z" stories I've read! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Hate bus rides!

Anyway, Congrats on your new ZEEEEEE! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Your NCM Ambassador & Lifetime Member #902 Join the NCM! Call 1-800-53-VETTE
'01 Torch Z06, For Sale!
'02 Electron Blue/Black Coming in August!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Wow I have heard of the museum delivery but the bus delivery will also leave some things to tell the grandkids..... congrats and you got the best color in my opinion.....

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Chris, Congrats I know what you went thru and I am glad it all worked out for you. You ended up with the cream of the crop. IMHO /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Congratulations ! We'll excuse you if you don't post for awhile during daylight hours /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
VetRoc-
A BIG Congrats to you!! MY with M/R!! Yes!! Exactly what I have had on order now for A WHILE!!!!!!! Love to see pics of her!!
Welcome over here to the 'Best of the Best' Forums on the Z06!! Loved your story on the trip down AND back home!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
255 Posts
Congrats, and best of LUCK /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I have had my new Z6 home for less than 24 hours and can't believe the car is in my garage.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the kind words guys. I'm extremely happy and I still can't believe I finally got this thing. Glad to hear you guys liked the story. There is actually a lot more to the story than the above post. I just gave you the brief edited version. I didn't want the post to drag. If I can get away from my car long enough to type it out, I will post the extended version (its pretty funny). Anyway, time to go make sure the Z is still in the garage and I'm not dreaming /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
0 Posts
That is so KEWL!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Mr Roc:

Anxious to hear the "long play" version! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Zipster /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
764 Posts
ROC,

Congrats on the Z! Great story and yes, we want the long version too! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Where in Ohio did you get it?

Mark

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Extended version should be forthcoming. I picked my car up at Jake Sweeney's in Cincinnati OH. I haven't heard anything about them, and only went there on a recommendation of a forum member, but all in all, I would have to say that I was pretty happy. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
VETROC

Congrats and it only gets better, also be careful more "PD" stops...........
/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
VETROC,

Congrats! Great story, glad everything worked out.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts