Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally scanned my dyno sheets from over at MTI. So, anyhow, I thought I would go ahead and post them. I would put them over on the PDC, but I don't have a website yet ( I am working on that) to keep all the car stuff on.

Attachments

·
Z06 Power Adder Authority
3,265 Posts
J-Rod,

Great numbers for a bone stock car. :)

I have several ?s for you.

1) How many miles were on the car when you dyno'd these numbers you got here?
2) Had you raced the car at the track (IOW, gotten in several WOT runs) at any point in time prior to getting it dyno'd?

Just curious,

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The car had ~ 1200 miles on it. It has 3700 now.

I had made some passes on the street and flogged it pretty good, but I had taken it to the strip twice I believe if memory serves me. I bought the car on 9/29/01, and the first time I took it to the strip was 10/04/02 (I put 1100 miles on the car the first night, so it was broke in for its first trip to the strip) . The dyno was run on 10/27/01.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Completely stock?

J-Rod -

Is your car stock? You had virtually the same numbers I had on 1/28/02 (Monday) here in Florida.

However, I have cold air induction, Halltech Tric snorkle, Halltech modified throttle body, HEADERS, Hi-flow cats, x pipe, and B&B Speedway exhaust.

My best corrected figures were 358.9 HP, and 354.5 Torque at the rear wheels. How could our readings be so similar with the mods done to my car.

Am I losing faith in the Dyno, do I have to get on the track with someone to see the effect of mods?

Information, anyone?????

Steve Nix, President
Performance Drivers' Club, Inc.

WA 2 FST said:
J-Rod,

Great numbers for a bone stock car. :)

I have several ?s for you.

1) How many miles were on the car when you dyno'd these numbers you got here?
2) Had you raced the car at the track (IOW, gotten in several WOT runs) at any point in time prior to getting it dyno'd?

Just curious,

·
Registered
291 Posts
Mary's bone stock 2002 Z06 posted 354 HP at Speedworks in Lewisville about two weeks ago. Another stock posted 356, another 347 and one with a Donaldson intake (3,600 miles)posted 358. The 347 one only had 600 miles, the others had around 2,500 miles.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Just to be absolutely sure.......

all these figures are dyno figures at the rear wheels, right????

Steve Nix

newbluez06 said:
Mary's bone stock 2002 Z06 posted 354 HP at Speedworks in Lewisville about two weeks ago. Another stock posted 356, another 347 and one with a Donaldson intake (3,600 miles)posted 358. The 347 one only had 600 miles, the others had around 2,500 miles.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Re: Just to be absolutely sure.......

SteveNix said:
all these figures are dyno figures at the rear wheels, right????

Steve Nix

Corrected (to SAE standard) rear wheel HP :D.

Seems like all the bone stock 02s are running in the 350 to 360 RWHP (corrected) range. Not too shabby :D.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Re: Completely stock?

SteveNix said:
How could our readings be so similar with the mods done to my car.
Information, anyone?????

Steve Nix, President
Performance Drivers' Club, Inc.
I noticed you didn't mention a MAF Translator in your mods list. If you don't have one I'd bet that's the reason for your missing HP. Also...if you have an 02 model and still have stock injectors, that could also be part of the problem.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok, the car is 100% bone stock down to the paper air filter.

The readings were taken at the Rear Wheels.

Also there is one things folks aren't looking at on most of their dyno sheets. The actual HP. On that particular day, my car actually measured 374 RWHP. Sure that number corrects back to 358, but trust me, there are plenty of days here when the air is better than the "standard day", and of course the same goes true for the summer time when the air is worse than the "standard day" and the car will make less than the corrected number.

As for the dynos accuracy. I believe it is an accurate tool. Also, your car is an '01 and mine is an '02.

My buddy John Myrick has a '01 with a TRIC Ti. If you go back and look at my post where I talk about dynoing the car originally you will see that we dyno'd back to back my '02 vs his '01.

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=6157

His car dyno'd 340 RWHP corrected. Most folks thought that number sucked, including him. With all the optimistic HP gain numbers that had been thrown about, he thought a filter would get him close to the '02 HP number with a filter change.

He got about 8hp across the board, and 10HP peak out of the filter. So, I would say you gor 10HP out of the filter and another 10HP out of your other mods. As some of the other members have posted you may need a MAFT to realize some more potential out of the car . There may be HP you are leaving on the table.

Anyhow, those are good numbers for an '01

·
Registered
178 Posts
ZeeOhSix, VetteTheRipper, and J-Rod.........

Thank you for the information. No, I don't believe the car has a MAF Translator. Can you point me to the best place to get info on the MAFT and where to get it?

Thanks.

Steve Nix

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Steve,
Nate at Extreme (supporting vendor) MAFT $189
I am sure the other vendors have them but Nate had a pic of his.
Another brand is Ramchargers.
HTH
<<<<<<--------- Over there!

·
Registered
638 Posts
Steve,
You have a lot of power there somwhere, just not at the wheels were it should be. My dyno sheets are posted in the section on this site, I had a
360rwhp best pull and 362tq best pull.

BONE STOCK BONE STOCK

1 - 16 of 16 Posts