Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My insurance company called today and after 5 weeks of agents, adjusters, and investigators they are sending a check out.
Now to start ordering the parts. :cool:
Iron block 414 boosting 12-15lbs. :crazy:

·
Premium Member
9,756 Posts
After 5 weeks of agony I hope it is a LARGE check :thumb:
Congrats !

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Iron block 414 boosting 12-15lbs :jammin: :jammin:

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Tell us how to build an Iron Block 414.

First what is the doner vehicle for the iron block? and what is needed to make it fit in the vette?

I have my destroyed LS6 with it's waterpump assembly and fancy oil pan, I assume I will need these rgith?

What kind of crank, etc. will you use? How bout the heads, 6L heads, or something more exotic?

This iron block thing seems neet, but I can never find out anything about it.

Zed

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Zed said:
Tell us how to build an Iron Block 414.

First what is the doner vehicle for the iron block? and what is needed to make it fit in the vette?

I have my destroyed LS6 with it's waterpump assembly and fancy oil pan, I assume I will need these rgith?

What kind of crank, etc. will you use? How bout the heads, 6L heads, or something more exotic?

This iron block thing seems neet, but I can never find out anything about it.

Zed
No trick to it Zed.
The iron block is the LQ9 Gen.III 6.0 liter block used in the GM trucks, H2, Escalade, etc. PN# 12572808. All the LS6 parts, valley pan, oil pan, knock senors, etc fit. Weighs about 80lbs more than the al. blocks.
I'm stuck building the 414 because of the custom pistons I had made originally for a LS2 block I just sold. These cost me too much to just sit them on the shelf for awhile.
The pistons are a 4.010 bore, 2618 alloy, -15cc dish, for a 4.100 crank, with a 6.25" connecting rod.
4.010 bore x 4.100 stroke = 414.24 ci or 6.79 liters.
LQ9 heads with 74 cc chambers, CR 9.4-9.5:1.
Stepping my boost down to the 12-15lb range.

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Congrats Tom, let the insanity begin :cool:

Jack

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
Man, that is good news Tom, its about time they (insurance)
paid up. Now you can get back to work on the car and get it running. I'm sure it'll be a BEAST! :thumb: :thumb:

Jim

·
Registered
396 Posts
Congrats!

:thumb:

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Tom, glad to hear, that's great news. I know you have been agonizing over this for a long time. I am happy for you!! :coo:

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Its about time you got some good news, congrats bro, can't wait to see it come alive.

Mark

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Good luck Tom. I look forward to seeing your efforts soon.

Don

·
Registered
58 Posts
Good news Tom! I'm sure the wait will be well worth it, can't wait to see the final results!

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
Thats great news Tom.

Joe

1 - 20 of 23 Posts