Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for the Welcome!
18 years ago my neighbor (and now friend) brought his black 02 Z06 home and parked it within my sight. I saw it every day for 18 years. I told him when you are ready to sell, let me know. We talk cars almost every weekend while one is washing or detailing some of our small collections, He let me know last week he was thinking of selling. I knew the car, I knew him, and we both knew what it was worth. We made the deal in under a minute! I always kidded with him that its value was plummeting as her drove it. He said he didn't drive it this week cause it was at 9,996 miles.....I flipped 10k on our 'road test' I have had a lot of great cars over the years, but always wanted this one (I vowed no more black cars, but I always said "Except that one")
Can't wait to get to know it better! He's happy to see my excitement, and he can still have weekend visitation. He's working on a C8
Other current cars
2017 Chevy SS (Sedan) w/ stick
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
2017 Camaro RS, (Inherited from my car guy dad w 3,000 miles) 4 cyl turbo auto, Passing it on to my son)
2002 Thunderbird, (Dad's also, might go soon, need space)
Some past great cars:
2002 and 2003 BMW M5's
1997 BMW M3/4/5
(2) 1995 Taurus SHO's 1 stick an 1 auto
1990 Mustang LX 5.0 Supercharged

Attachments

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Congratulations. That’s a beautiful car and 10k miles certainly qualifies as a low miler. Enjoy it.

Reactions: JBsC8

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nice. A true dream come through. Check the date codes on the tires before you bring it up to speed. May prevent a broken dream. If you know what I mean. Congratulations. Enjoy.

·
Z06 Tech Advisor
1,848 Posts
With only 10,000 miles on it and the car's age I would suggest all fluids and oils changed,
Flush the coolant system and check belt, all hoses are not dried out along with tires, rotors and brake pads.

Add some good fuel system cleaner that also cleans fuel injectors

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you! Tires are 4 years old, 3k on them. As I said, I have known this car since, new; 4 years ago, there was thoughts of him selling, I said "I'm not buying it with 15 year old tires!! He replaced them 4 years back.... So I'm ok with the for a while, I'm gong to go through and do all fluids, belts, pads coolant etc, and I can't wait to do it! He provided all records so he had oil changes etc done even though he didn't put miles on it. Unfortunately here in NJ the Motor Vehicle is either closed or backed up so I can't register it till Mid January: Its OK< there's snow on the ground and I have no intention of driving it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts