Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally have my z06. It was well worth the wait. :)

I have a question about the radio -- are there any options as far as aftermarket radios go? I've looked through crutchfield.com, and the like, and it seems as though no radio is listed as a 'perfect fit' for the car. Also, I've heard some things about the stock radio being a bose unit, and if I change the radio, the amps in each speaker with stop working? Is this true? The sound system sounds great, I just don't like the tired old Delco Electronics looking unit and was considering putting something else in.

-obi2001

·
Registered
282 Posts
Congratulations! It's always worth the wait when you finally get it. Can't help you out with the radio. I've only turned on the radio once just to see if it works. No need for a radio in a Z06. The engine sound alone is music to my ears.:D

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I believe Pioneer makes a DIN-and-a-half deck that would go in there nicely (they're made for GM + Chrysler dashes). Also, you'll need to do some tricks to get the bose amps to work, but remembering my dad's 94, and what we did to tap in there, it kind of sucks. The best way to do it is rip out the GM/Bose crap and put in something decent.

When I get around to doing it, I'm going to build a whole new center console that will be designed to accept a DIN-sized deck, so no worries about the deck looking funky in the oversized hole.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Just my $.02 worth on the Bose stereo. I dont really listen to it all that much, other than tuning into Bob and Tom in the morning (any of u all get that?) anyways. I would love to have a decent soundin stereo in the Z, but I want to invest money into performance mods more than the stereo. I have a $2k stereo in my 99 S-10 ZR2 so that keeps me up on the stereo deal. Its cool, just enjoy the Z06 for a bit before you go cuttin up to put a new stereo in. Just my opinion, take care, and enjoy the new car!!!!!

Andy
02 T/R Z06

1 - 10 of 10 Posts