Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would my experience to-date re financing part of my new baby. Earlier, I had started a thread asking for some input from the forum - many responded. I appreciate all of the offered suggestions.

I have found PeopleFirst to have the lowest rate (if you do the automated debit to your account feature). The application process was painless and approval was quick. So far, this seems to be a good alternative. For some, a credit union may be better, but the one available to me was not very competitive.

Just thought some folks might want to know. If any problems develop with them, I will post to the forum.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hi: Just curious...is your car the one Jim Mckay Chevrolet has on order? I heard it was coming in in August.

·
Registered
5 Posts
What kind of interest rate did you get? Is it for a 60 month term? I am about to sign the papers for my 2002 Z06 in the next week and want to make sure I am getting the best deal I can on the financing.

My credit union has quoted me 6.75% on the full purchase price including taxes for 60 months.

Thanks for the info /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bob, I ordered my car from Criswell in May. According to the latest production schedule, it looks like it might be finished on August 2/3. Shooting for Museum Delivery on 8/23, Carlisle on 8/25!!

MikeMC, ya got a good rate, slightly better than PeopleFirst which is at 6.94 so you got 19/100s of a point better. Hey, with the price of these babies, every buck counts!

Enjoy that new ride! The waitin' is killin' me...

·
Registered
228 Posts
Guys: You all might want to check with Credit Unions too....they are down around 6.49 if you are a member of any of them.

Bleubyu: I will be at Manassas Sat night with my white Z06 and probably my Grand Sport at the big Corvette gathering there. If you are go come by and say hello.

Planning on going to Carlisle on Friday the 24th. Have to take the oldest back to College that weekend! Friday is the only day I can get there.

1993 Torch Red Convertable
1996 Grand Sport
1990 SS 454 Chevy Truck

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bob, sorry I will be just coming home from "family vacation" in Chincoteague Sat night - leaving early Wed morning so we can see some runt sized horses swim across a marsh amidst a swarm of biting black flies. Then our little family unit gets to share an old farmhouse with 9 other members of my wife's family - 2 bathrooms for 12. Should be interesting, since my daughter usually spends 4 hours aday in hers! Geez, this is sounding an awful lot like a very bad sequel to "Family Vacation" the Chevy Cahse comedy. I already warned my wife that I will not be transporting any dead family members strapped in a lawn chair, tied to my roof - it would scratch the glass on the moonroof...

But in a few weeks, my wife will be accompanying me to BG to pick up my new EB Z06 - which she has never given me any grief about - so to the marshes I go, hi ho....

·
Registered
1,103 Posts

On 2001-07-24 13:36, BLEUBYU spewed forth this drivel:
I thought I would my experience to-date re financing part of my new baby. Earlier, I had started a thread asking for some input from the forum - many responded. I appreciate all of the offered suggestions.

I have found PeopleFirst to have the lowest rate (if you do the automated debit to your account feature). The application process was painless and approval was quick. So far, this seems to be a good alternative. For some, a credit union may be better, but the one available to me was not very competitive.

Just thought some folks might want to know. If any problems develop with them, I will post to the forum.

What were the rates for a new car loan?????

·
Registered
1,103 Posts

On 2001-07-25 00:30, zman spewed forth this drivel:
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD>Quote:</font><HR NOSHADE SIZE=1 COLOR=AAAAAA></TD></TR><TR><TD><BLOCKQUOTE><B>
On 2001-07-24 13:36, BLEUBYU spewed forth this drivel:

What were the rates for a new car loan?????

</B></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR NOSHADE SIZE=1 COLOR=AAAAAA></TD></TR></TABLE>Never mind!!! mrdatalife answered my question......dataalife...are you peeking over my shoulder?:D

·
Registered
228 Posts
Dear Bleubyu: I am in Real Estate here in Northern Virginia...What's a vacation?

Seriously would like to see your car when you get it. Send me an e-mail and we will try to hook up.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts

On 2001-07-24 15:30, mikemc spewed forth this drivel:
What kind of interest rate did you get? Is it for a 60 month term? I am about to sign the papers for my 2002 Z06 in the next week and want to make sure I am getting the best deal I can on the financing.

My credit union has quoted me 6.75% on the full purchase price including taxes for 60 months.

Thanks for the info /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Mike-
Just got approved at PeopleFirst myself today as well.....Interest rate if you do the automated payment deduction is 6.75%.
Very quick response from them...called me back in under 2 minutes!!!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts

On 2001-07-25 08:53, mrdatalife spewed forth this drivel:
z....just looking out for ya!

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif
-jason
I thought so!! <g>

Just went there today myself and was approved at 6.75%...Draft check is good for 45 days......

Question...why are my 'smilies' not smiling any longer? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
1,103 Posts

On 2001-07-25 22:25, zman spewed forth this drivel:
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD>Quote:</font><HR NOSHADE SIZE=1 COLOR=AAAAAA></TD></TR><TR><TD><BLOCKQUOTE><B>
On 2001-07-25 08:53, mrdatalife spewed forth this drivel:
z....just looking out for ya!

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif
-jason
I thought so!! <g>

Just went there today myself and was approved at 6.75%...Draft check is good for 45 days......

Question...why are my 'smilies' not smiling any longer? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

</B></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR NOSHADE SIZE=1 COLOR=AAAAAA></TD></TR></TABLE>Dang it...they started 'smiling' again!! There you go again....mrdatalife...watching out for me once more!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
zman

·
Registered
396 Posts
BlueByU Look foward to seeing the car when you get it. We will have to all get together in NV and have some fun.

bsteinhagen (Bob) I am going to try and go to the show and will prob be around sat night mainly because I live almost across the street. If you see a QuickSilver BAD-Z06
thats me! They had a white Z06 up at pohanka this week, also a yellow one but it disapeared. I dont know If the new ones are coming in or if people are just trading for the 02s. But they cant seem to keep thier hands on them long enough so I can stop by.
Anyway look forward to seeing you guys.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Im a finance manager at an acura dealer and a Z06 owner, the best rate in Illinois right now is 5.84 it is available if you beat the finance manager up enough, although they might be less likley to budge with the Z06 not being merchandise they must move

1 - 16 of 16 Posts