Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
21,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was checking out the Tire Rack and the Firestone Firehawk Wide Oval tires are dirt cheap for the Z06 sizes needed. I was wondering if anyone has tried these and what they thought about their performance. Don't care about longevity that much.

·
21,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the detailed evaluation. Seems like an OK tire for the money but not one you would want to track! :thumb:

·
Registered
844 Posts
JubJub: I recntly went for the Toyo T1's for about the same price, from my local Firestone Dealer. I only replaced the fronts at 25K miles. Rears are original. I am very pleased and don't sense the negatives listed above for the Firestone's--and that's with 26K mile rear Super Car tires!! Additionally I got burned with the Firestone 500's on my 74 Vette. Also, on Firestone Tire chat sites, there is still a lot of chatter about them. Personally I like the details on the tire, but for just a few bucks more I got the Toyo's--which we know are great. Unfortunately, if you have to get them yourself you have to use a non forum vender. Let us know what you decide. :thumb:

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have the wide ovals, I only drive on street, and i found that they grip very well. I hook up 1st gear instantly, and a fast shift to 2nd gear and I am accelerating like a champ with out any wheel spin in 2nd.

I don't drive the car all that hard (newbie 2 month owner) and I have driven in a lot of rain with confidence as well. For the price, i think they are worth it, and I don't mind spinning and fishtailing every corner.

as another wide oval tire owner told me, ...there are "better" tires, but you will pay a lot more. Depending on your needs i guess, if you do a lot of track and competition, get the toyo's or whatever else, i am just in the streets and am very happy with these tires.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I have over 3000 miles on my wide ovals and no complaints. Ran them at Road Atlanta (nasa hpde) and they handled fine. best bang for the buck tire

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
I've got them on my Z06 for about 2 months now and love them. Straight line grip might be better than the stockers. In the turns they are almost the same.....almost. I think that is due to the added thread on the tires when compared to the F1's. In the wet they really shine. I am happy I bought them and would do so again. :thumb:

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
70boss302 said:
In the wet they really shine. I am happy
Like your car see's rain :p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts