Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I just ordered a full set of 4 tires from TireRack. I think for my driving needs that these tires will work out just fine. Does anyone have any experiance wih these tires? Mileage and wet driveability mean more to me than shear performance. 17K miles from the stock tires and I never really have driven the car hard.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The SZ-50's right? I just put a set on the front for an upcoming road course event. I hope they stick ;)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Have Firestone Wideovals F/R set from Tire Rack. Over 1000 miles so far. First and continuing impression is one of quiet. In comparison to original Supercars the tires are very quiet. No humming pulsing etc. The Firestones do not pick up small road debris and fling it up to the body. I have not had the tires hydroplane. The originals would hydro on or two tires at a time. The Firestones are harder rubber so the car, driver and the suspension do more of the work to keep it on the road. The Firestones are fine for "normal" Z06 driving.
If you use your car for track or AutoX some 10ths of a second time will be lost. If I had the money I would have replaced with original tires.
I add that with tires like these Firstones there would be no need for a partition.

·
Registered
158 Posts
stock exhaust is not a noise problem :roll:

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks zeeoh for the feed back. I just drive the car to and from work and wet performance is more important than racing perfromance. I hope they last longer than 17K miles! :yeadog:

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I had the SZ 50 EP's on my old T/A and really liked them. Excellent wet traction and they really hooked good at the track. I was able to get consistant 1.8 60' times even with an aftermarket 3000 stall converter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts