Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this is the second week for Z06 orders and we have our first constraint. The polished wheels are on limited constraint only 35 for the nation.
This will be a problem for the first several weeks so if you have this option ordered it may delay your order. My advice would be to be a little flexable on this option. Those that have this option and are my customers I will be calling you to find out if you wish to drop the wheels or wait for the constraint to be lifted.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
What's the reason for the "contraint"? Some supplier failing to deliver on time? Or some problem with the manufacturing/finishing process? Any indication? If it's a quality problem, I'll pass on 'em.... but if it's a JIT issue in the supply chain, I'll wait it out.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bjaber said:
What's the reason for the "contraint"? Some supplier failing to deliver on time? Or some problem with the manufacturing/finishing process? Any indication? If it's a quality problem, I'll pass on 'em.... but if it's a JIT issue in the supply chain, I'll wait it out.
No way of knowing that. :(

·
Registered
765 Posts
Constraints are established by advanced supply planning, in this case someone may have guessed that 35% of the orders coming in would have polished wheels, so that is all the supplier made.

Some may be CAFE restrictions based on vehicle mass.

Others may be simply a limit on total volume. I'm sure that more than the current C6 volume could be retailed. Chevrolet though, has determined that the current volume works since supply is slightly lower than demand.

Constraints are also a tool to limit production of a new option where build issues or model mix is an issue.

Convertible is 'constrained' to about 50% of the production mix - to keep the assembly line moving I think more than anything else.

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Shouldn't this thread be in C6 Z06 - not sales?

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
I'm not picky, any color, standard options (base unit). Hope this gets me a ride sooner then later. You have my number. 24/7 or leave a message. Was #174 :thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts