Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always loved cars, but Corvette's have always been my favorite car. The '02 Z06 is my 17th Corvette in 30 years and I have to say, that it is not only the best Vette I've ever owned, it is also the best car that I ever owned too. (I have owned around a 150 cars with 26 of them being brand new.) I find that the C5's are simply amazing and the Z06 even more so. Is this your first Corvette or have you had several?

carzzy

·
Registered
467 Posts
This is my first, and all though I haven't cracked 500 miles yet, I'm getteing the distinct impression that it won't be my last.:z: :z:

·
Registered
94 Posts
This my third corvette. I've owned a '63 327/340 roadster and a '69 427/435 roadster.

Prior to buying the 2002 ZO6 in December, I hadn't driven a 'vette in over 20 years. What a hoot!

My sense is that the Z is faster (or as fast) as the '69 was.

The 2002, is by far, better built and handles like a go-cart.:D

·
Z06 Power Adder Authority
3,265 Posts
First one!

Been driving for 17 years now.

I can count the number of cars I've owned on two hands...probably b/c I keep them for a long time, or just keep 'em and add to the collection instead of selling them.

I've just never been able to afford one til now. Well, I guess I could have sold some of my other vehicles and bought one before now...not!

Very happy with the car, although I've only had it for ~ one month now. It's the whole package and very refined for the performance it offers. That's the reason I bought it...not b/c of what the badge says on the side of the car.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Vette number 2

Geez...150 cars in ONE LIFETIME:eek: I'm impressed.

This is my second Corvette. Still own the '86 which I purchased new. (It's for sale if anyone's interested) I thought the '86 was a super car...until I drove the '02. Absolutlely no comparison. This will probably be my last...at least it looks that way considering how long I keep my cars. I don't see how they can get much better than this.

Charlie

·
Registered
496 Posts
This is my 10 Vette since 1996. It's also my 4th C5. I think the C3's had much more style, but overall the Z06 is the best Vette in every other category. I plan to have a few more in the future.

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
2nd here, owned a 1975 T-Top with the small block 350cid, thought that was a fun ride until I got the Z. No contest, this is the most amazing vehicle I have ever driven, or even been in...

Mark

·
Registered
13 Posts
This is my 5th vette and second C5 ('58, '86, '95, '98 and '01). I generally only keep a car thru warrantees or 3 years max. As long as the body style interests me and the HP keeps climbing, I'll probably buy one or two more (I'm 59). I've also had a zillion Datsun/Nissan Z cars, a Ferrari and am now getting an SUV every 3-4 years so that the vette can be stored in the winter. I've had 16 new cars since I started buying in 1968. The '58 (I wish I had kept that one) was the only used one.

·
Registered
601 Posts
carzzy

I'm a car nut like you. Over 50 Corvettes and I can't count how many others. 5 cars currently in my stable. The Z is the best of the all of them!!!!

·
Registered
778 Posts
This Z06 is actually my fourth Vette, and the third new one:

1967 427/435 Marina Blue/White/White-new.
1975 L-48 Arctic White/Blue T-Top-second owner (still have it).
1999 Nassau Blue/Black FRC-new (still have it).
2002 Electron Blue/Mod Red-new (just got it).

I wish I had the original '67-would I be a collector then:-? /;)

Joe :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
My 02 Z06 is my second vette.My other one was a 01 coupe.I thought the 01 was the worlds best sports car until I drove a Z.:cheers:

·
Registered
744 Posts
Not the First, Not the Last

Actually my fourth:

'62 Fuelie, '70 454, '77 (awful car) and '00 FRC.

I see a C6 in my future, even though I love the C5.

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
My first but will not be my last. I want to eventually buy a first gen and a mid year roadster or split window coupe. :cheers:

·
Z06 Master
2,627 Posts
This my first Vette. I had only ridden in one prior to purchasing mine. It was a short ride in '75 model about 12 years ago.
I didn't even test drive the Z06 before I bought it. I just knew it was the car for me :)

1 - 20 of 65 Posts