Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I and some friends went over to MTI this morning to dyno our cars. There was a mustang group in, so we got to take advantage of the group rate. We ran a '01 Z06 with a TRIC Ti, my stock '02, and a 96 Viper GTS headers and exhaust, and a new airbox. Our cars were near the end, but the 'stang guys stayed around to see the Viper.

The mustang guys were fairly impressed with the Viper which made 440hp to the ground, and makes a lot of racket.

Next came my '02 which is bone stock. I saw more than one Mustang owners jaw drop when they heard a Z06 rev, and then one of them called out what the dyno numbers read. 374.5hp / 367.4lbs/ft torque actual measured. That corrected to 358.2/351.3

Next came the '01 which came in with 340 corrected.

Anyhow, I had a good time, other than the wait. I wil post the charts as soon as I can scan them.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Very sweet numbers...:)

G

·
2001 Z06 with Hallech

Tom Easterday, dynoed his 01 last year and made 343/343 stock.

With the TRIC and ported TB, it made 361+/353. Only mods. Tom sold this Z06.

Tom ran 12.42 @ 116 with the TRIC ported TB only at Pomona, CA.
but with a second Z06 he purchased, which dynoed around 350 RWHP.

Some have seen +10 RWHP, some + 15 RWHP, but the filter used on the TRIC is more restrictive than our T-1 (Z1000) filter for a good reason.

The filter is subject to much more dirt and road crap, so we use a triple layer cotton gauze filter (Wedge) on the TRIC.

The T-1 is an underhood Halltech Induction System, which allows for our synthetic Z1000 filtration, which flows much better than the Wedge Filter.

Jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts