Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick recap:

Picked up the new EBZ last Tuesday....next day loaded up the trunk and headed 480 miles to the NCM Labor Day event. Came home last night , now have over 1,000 miles on it! :grin:

The drive to BG was to break it in so I took it easy, 4th gear to 5th gear, then 6, varying loads and speed. Never getting near the red line. Slow up, then accelerate.

Trip home was very enjoyable, no traffic, minimal trucks, no construction, BUT a lot of Smokies on the Interstates! The V1 sure paid for itself! Never exceeded 95 mph, but I always drive easily when my wife is passenger. (speed and hard turns upset her). This car wants to go! It is definitely louder thanthe '01 was. Ride is more comfortable, and it seems easier to shift smoothly. Clutch feed is smooth and easy! I just love driving the new car under all conditions! :grin: Will report more after I have a chance to drive it (Harder) when I am alone.

Summary: Over 1,000 miles on it, no oil leaks, consumption, nor any problems at all! It does everything is is supposed to do without a whimper!

Yes, it feels quicker and the HUD is certainly a plus.....Love the self dimming mirror at night.

Gee, I love this car! :guiness:

Zippy :) :)

·
Registered
631 Posts
Seems to be similar impressions that all of us are getting. Had an expectant Z06 owner go out with me today and he was impressed with how much smoother the ride was compared to his Z51 coupe with run flats.

Enjoy it Zippy !

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Glad to hear your happy with the Z :D. Mine should be here in a couple of days, so I can give it the 'test' too :)

I had a 2001 coupe with the HUD and self dimming mirrors -- liked them both too. The HUD is cool because you can just display the tach only if you want (use the page button), which is nice for going through the gears :D.

:cheers:

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Zipster, I have the same initial impessions as you. I may have been a bit tougher on the break-in though.:grin: Patience has never been 1 of my virtues.;) Les:)

·
Registered
61 Posts
The car is awesome, isn't it? Glad you are enjoying the car. I had the crusie set at 90 in mine with my wife in the car. When she seemed to doze off I would push it up to around 110. I couldn't do that in the old Z51 cars and get away with it with her in the car. :D :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts