Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow!!! This car really is special. I have owned an driven a number of performance vehicles and the 02 Z06 is clearly in a class by itself. 89 and 94 Vettes, 97M3, 99 911,to name a few. I am trying to stick to the 500 mile break-in so I havn't really opened her up yet but I can tell the power is going to be insane!!!! The exhaust note is absolute purrrrrfection. (a guy up the block has a Viper and the rumble is very similar!! Awesome. The handling, truly remarkable. My bride asked me how I could go through 2 rolls of parkway tokens in 2 nights. Entrance/exit ramps and 0-70 starts at the tolls BABY!!!! So much fun!!!! Remember, she is still in the break-in so no WOT yet. My brother came with me to pick up the car and he asked a very interesting question. He said you have been waiting for months, reading every article, considering other cars (M3,911, 01 Viper,M5, 01 Z06) and you finally have it. "So is the car better or worse than you thought it was going to be after the first few days?" I honestly can say, it has exceeded every possible expectation that I had for this car. The clutch is smooth. The radio is better than I thought it was going to be. The Quicksilver paint is bright and flawless. The HUD feature is very helpful. I could go on and on. Picked her up from Kerbeck Monday night and they told me I was the first 02 Z06 to leave the lot. I was a little surprised considering they claim to be the biggest dealer in the country. The dealer was great. I was even given a silver Maisto Z06 model car. When I picked up my car there was a 550 Maranello Ferrari sitting next to my Z06. Turns out its the owners car. He saw my brother and I making comparisons so he comes out and proceeds to tell us that his car is great but this new Z06 will out perform his $250,000 toy in every category. How cool is that??? I Love my car.. Thanks to everybody on the forum for listening. Let the mods begin. HRE's on the way, crossed drilled rotors and Donaldson blackwing will be installed on tues. I have photos and I have downloaded them on my computer but I do not know who to add them to a post.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
It will only get better, believe it or not. I think that we all no how you are feeling right now. I still get that feeling ever time I drive my QS and I have had it for a year. The owner of a smallish GM dealer in town owns a yellow modena 360 and a MYZ06. He had the modena a while before the Z06s hit the streets. Once he got a chance to drive a Z06, he had to have one. He and I have played car tag while he was driving the modena. I can tell you that it had nothing over my QS except about $100K in price tag and I have not begun to mod yet.
Enjoy the ride, I am!!!

Don

·
Registered
0 Posts
/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif CONGRATS!!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
It does just get BETTER everyday...........
/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I love reading these stories. You can't really describe it to anyone else have them understand what the feeling really is. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I think that's a huge reason this board has the "family" feel that others can't match.
ItZ magic! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Who is the expert on how to add pictures to a post. I need some help. Its saturday morning and its the same feeling I had on Xmas morning as a 6 year old. Can't sleep because there is something in the garage waiting for me!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
You must first copy the pic to a web host. If you don't have one, email it to Frank or JC, or me.

Next, to include it in a post like this, add the following code:

[*img]www.yourwebaddress.com[/img]

Remove the asterisk from the above line and you're in business. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
0 Posts

On 2001-08-11 09:13, xmuni spewed forth this drivel:
Who is the expert on how to add pictures to a post. I need some help
Emai[ me your picture and I will get you going. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
xmuni, GREAT post. You guys are making it unbearable to wait any longer. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

That's one smiley face for every conceivable emotion we, "the have-nots" must endure.

Seriously, keep the review coming and please post any pics. We love to read 'em and look at the pics while we continue our looonng wait. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts

On 2001-08-11 21:32, dsinned spewed forth this drivel:
xmuni, GREAT post. You guys are making it unbearable to wait any longer. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

That's one smiley face for every conceivable emotion we, "the have-nots" must endure.

Seriously, keep the review coming and please post any pics. We love to read 'em and look at the pics while we continue our looonng wait. Thanks.
Ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts