Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
440.8 rwhp 412 rwtq

We just finished our C6 cam only project with our G5X-4 cam and LG Pro Long Tube headers.
Mods as follows:

LG Pro Long Tube Headers
G5X-4 Cam
Stock heads
Upgraded valve springs and retainers
Stock intake manifold
Stock Throttle body
Stock heads
Stock pulley
Stock air bridge
Stock clutch
Borla Stinger
LS2 edit tune

We will install a Fast intake manifold tomorrow and AFR heads if time permits.

First graph after mods, second graph vs stock graph

Thanks
Lou Gigliotti LGM
972-429-1963

·
Registered
518 Posts
Is the G5X4 more mild than the X3, or is it LS2-specific? Just curious about this new cam.

Edit: Sory, that's obviously pretty big with stock heads...lol I read it as heads/cam initially.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
holy crap! thats ~100rwhp increase over stock!!! damnnnn... this is the biggest bang for your buck on the ls2 no doubt! :yeadog:

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
What would a Z06 with similar mods do? it would be neat if you could post a graph of a G5X4 LS2 vs a G5X4 LS6 and see how well they stack up. congratulations anyways!

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We havn't done a cam only Z06 for anyone yet. The LS6 intake on the Z is a better intake so with our G5X-3 cam only on a Z06 we see right at 430 rwhp but only about 400 +/- tq.

The extra cubes of the LS2 allows for a little larger cam without hurting the idle quality.

Thanks
Lou G

·
21,378 Posts
Those are some good numbers. I thought the LS-2 had a 90mm throttle body and intake and would be a better set-up than the LS-6 intake?

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jub,
It has a 90mm TB but it turns out to be a much worse manifold. In the World Challenge series they won't let us switch back to the LS6 intake because it is better.

On the bright side, the stock C6 throttle body will fit directly on the Fast intake manifold, so we can just swap the intake and leave the stock 90mm TB alone.

At least we will know exactly what the gain is for just a manifold swap.

Thanks
LG

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Those are nice, big numbers. It will be interesting to see how the manifold improves it.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Nice #'s. I was thinking about trying out your G5X4 cam. Does it require any piston modifications (flycutting) with stock heads? What's are the differences compared to the X3?

There isn't much information floating around about the X4 yet.

Thanks!

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
440.8 412.3 Wow! I new that LS2 had potential :blush:

·
Registered
687 Posts
LG Motorsports results for C6 LS2 cam only

440.8 rwhp 412 rwtq

We just finished our C6 cam only project with our G5X-4 cam and LG Pro Long Tube headers.
Mods as follows:

LG Pro Long Tube Headers
G5X-4 Cam
Stock heads
Upgraded valve springs and retainers
Stock intake manifold
Stock Throttle body
Stock pulley
Stock air bridge
Stock clutch
Borla Stinger
LS2 edit tune

We plan on installing a Fast 90 manifold tomorrow and AFR heads after that Time permitting

First graph after mods, second graph vs stock graph

Thanks
Lou Gigliotti LGM
972-429-1963

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Two more questions:

1- 112 or 114 LSA?
2- You said the idle quality wouldnt be as bad with the LS2 becuse of the extra cubes, however do you still think it would be as streetable in LS6?

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
We just put one of our G5X-4 cams in a street C5 with AFR heads. It made 475rwhp and it had great manners. Don't get me wrong but on a C5 it sounds wilder than on this C6. But the C5 was drivable. In fact we drove it to Atlanta for the customer and dropped it off. then he drove it back to Florida.

Also, I plan on driving this as a daily driver and I do not like a grumpy street car.

thanks
Lou G

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
Congratulations on a hell of a tuner corvette for very little money (considering the end results!)

Very impressive.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts