Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Z06 Power Adder Authority
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer assures me that the car will be built the 3rd-4th week in January, so the original timetable for delivery is still in place.

However, I've already got a pretty decent list of mods planned and today I got confirmation that my Fikse FM5 wheels are being built and will be here by the end of Jan.

Whoo-hoo! :D

The wait for the car is getting hard, but will be worth it I know!

·
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm getting the stock size. I really don't want to buy new tires right now for a different size (read: wider) rims.

If I decide to race the car much at the dragstrip, I'll get some older rims and throw some drag radials on them.

Thanks for the compliments on my choice of wheels. I've got a set on my '90 Mustang and love them.

·
Registered
680 Posts
:cool: Nice Choice.....Regulars or light weights?

·
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
JZ said:
:cool: Nice Choice.....Regulars or light weights?
JZ, I honestly didn't know there were different kinds for the same wheel. The FM5 wheels on my LX are 17x9.5" and weigh 11lbs each. These will be a bit larger, but I can't imagine them weighing much more than that.

70boss,

I have a friend who is a small distributor for them. He beat the price of the vendors here...not by much, but I know him personally so that gave me a warm-fuzzy. :D

They're not cheap, but a lightweight, very strong forged wheel isn't. :)

E-mail me offline if you have other questions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts