Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So far I have BORLA exhaust only. I have $1200 to spend! What do I buy and who do I buy it from?
Maybe a package deal from someone?

I want an intake for sure but which one...Hurricane? Vararam? Vortex?

Programmer??
Mass Air Flow Sensor??
Headers??

Anyhelp is appreciated. I want to spend this money today!!

Thanks!!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Well an intake could be next i have a vararam.. i like it i'm not going to say it's the best cause i never tried every intake..headers LG's get my vote.for tuning HP programmers.then some gears 3:90 4:10s :jammin:

·
Registered
806 Posts
Headers offer the best HP gains within the budget you stated. :thumb: Only programm you car AFTER you have made all the modifications you want. This will get you the max HP out of your mods. :jammin:

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
If you only have $1,200 to spend, the headers will cost more. I would do the Vararam, Mallett shifter and an ls1edit tune. A good tuner will charge you less for a do over if you add headers, etc. down the road. When you have more $$$'s, the LG Long Tube headers are the way to go. :thumb:

Bob :cool:

·
Registered
141 Posts
I would go for the Dynatech headers. It may be a little more than what you have to spend but well worth it. I have seen them as low as $1295 for the package with high flow cats, but they were on special. As far as intake you can do the free zip tie mod and get a cai later when you have the money.
However, if your on a budget I would get a tune after headers when you have the money.

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
3 questions:
Is this the first of several mod $ installments, or is this "it"?
What is your objective?
If other than street use, are you subject to any sanction body thresholds if you are going to run classification events?
I won't be able to advise you, but this might help others to give you advice. :idea:
HTH

·
Registered
687 Posts
Colin Frolick said:

I agree.

At $1395 sale price you are very close. just add an air intake and have fun.

Then you are ready to build on your mods to achieve what ever power level you are after down the road.

G5X series of cam along with the LG headers will yield about 430 rwhp with the X3 cam and slightly less with the G5X-2. You will be in command of your mods then and the sky will be the limit.

Thanks
Lou Gigliotti
Give us a call

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I would vote for:

headers
OR
cam and tune

Alex :D

·
Registered
996 Posts
Well, if the $1200 includes installation, then it's bye bye headers... Even on a group purchase, my SuperMaxx LT cost me more than that shipped!

I'd say if you really want to do it right, wait 'til you got $2000 to play with :)

Just my opinion!

:cheers:
Geoff

·
Registered
830 Posts
Track time

1 - 12 of 12 Posts