Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi-

I just got my hands on a 2,100 mile 03 Z06. What do you recommend as a first mod? Dont want to go crazy with a supercharger or anything like that, at least not yet. Is computer tuning a big deal? Cold air intakes were a must for the 01 and older, is this true for the 2003? The car will rack up maybe 5k miles per year (if that) and I want to be able to convert back to stock fairly easily.

The last Z06 I had was a 2001 - with the Blackwing, X-pipe, hi-flo cats.

·
Registered
186 Posts
first mods i did w/my bone stock 02 are, exhaust plate, shorty anntenna, ceramic front pads, shorten the shifter, 160 degree t-stat, halltech trap air intake, ls1 edit tune.

hp wise, just the trap and ls1 edit got me 30 at the wheels. am very happy with those results.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Congrats on finding the low mileage Vette!

I'd go with a Black wing air filter , and corsa cat back exhaust. You gain a bit of powe, but wait until you hear it! :thumb:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Shorty Antenna, Shifter Knob, Lower it, Catback (Borla or Corsa) for sound, and a great intake (I recommend Honker or Vortex...do it once, do it right). If you have spare money for a tune it wouldnt hurt, but keep in mind how many other things potentially down the line will require a tune (you may not want to revisit that so much). I doubt you will run lean/rich with an intake and catback.

Zippy said:
I'd go with a Black wing air filter , and corsa cat back exhaust. You gain a bit of powe, but wait until you hear it! :thumb:
FWIW
No offense, but The Blackwing is probably the worst aftermarket intake you can buy :NoNo: ...
A large amount of people who have owned it, have gotten rid of it for something else and have seen significant HP increases. When inquiring for myself, I never heard anyone including MTI & LGM (call them and ask for yourself), and various Z06 track drivers recommend it. I wouldn't waste the $$. :thumb:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Short Antenna
GAGS eliminator
Exhaust Plate
Lower max on stock bolts
LG longtube headers with the stock Cat-Back system

·
Registered
142 Posts
IT L GO said:
Short Antenna
GAGS eliminator
Exhaust Plate
Lower max on stock bolts
LG longtube headers with the stock Cat-Back system
what would the sound be w/ the LG lt headers on a 04 Z stock exhaust? also, when lowering max on stock bolts, is that for the front and back? thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What about tuning? Hypertech? Diablosport? Which one? Also, what is a CAI? Ultimately I want to get the car into the 380 RWHP area.

Can this be done with intake and tuning only? Or is more needed?

Thanks

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
ninepoint5 said:
what would the sound be w/ the LG lt headers on a 04 Z stock exhaust? also, when lowering max on stock bolts, is that for the front and back? thanks
Sound is very subjective, IMO it's similar to stock, just a little louder.
Lowering the maximum on the adjusting bolts front and rear. This will give a 15mm drop on average. :z:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Partition was one of the most useful, you get to keep you belonging at reach when you floor it, it makes the stereo sound better, and you dont here the rear tires on the pavement as much :jammin:

looks wise, lowering on stock bolts is the best, some vents where they belong like on the brake ducts, side vents, and rear bumper looks great and stock, Euro lights looks great but for $175-250 theres alot of things that are better although I get alot of compliments, but most compliments is when people squat down and see my Carbon Fiber Exhaust plate I made myself with a 50th anniversity emblem :cheers:

Shifter for me the Stock was 100% fine, performance wise we are stuck with a great performer already, the only things you can bolt on and make power by what I hear is CAI, Header, and tune it, all other bolt ons are already from factory as they get, are we blessed or what :-? :idea: :jammin:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts