Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At what mileage should I do my first oil change? Also, planning on visiting Buttonwillow(my home town)Raceway with the Z06 soon, any recomendations i.e. is stock brake fluid sufficient, tire pressures, any others?

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
amerkin,

Welcome aboard!!, lotsa theroys on oil chg. Did mine @ 500 mi w/mag plug added. Everything you got in the car is sufficient for occasional running. If you go hardcore theres not enough roo to list the chgs. Keep reading the posts you will see...........

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
I did my first change at 1000 miles and my second at 3000 miles. It's really your call on how soon you want to change it

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome. I'm interested in the factory lowered settings i.e. how's it done and is it necessary to change camber to maintain the same tire footprint? I'm considering the lowered stance for the street so I would like to keep the steering manners of the stock ride heighth. I really like all aspects of the car just as it is for the street. Very nice to drive a totally stock vehicle that performs as it does. My previous experience was a very modified '96 Mustang GT (464 RWHP). Tons of trial and error to get it right, very fast, but no where near the total car that the Z06 is. Quite possibly roadcar nirvana.:D

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Changed mine at 500 miles and added the magnetic drain plug as well.

Changed it again today at 3000 miles.... oil looked pretty good. :)

Glad I had bought a case of UPF44 filters last summer.... :cheers:

·
Registered
644 Posts
She has just over 3000 miles now after a 3 day cross country run and the DIC show 77% life. I'm ready to change her now. Redline or Mobil 1 ?

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Mobile One 5W30 for me....

I'm sure there are several quality oils on the market including Redline that do just as well or better though..... :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts