Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you tell me how many miles you had on your car at your first oil change,and what % of oil life was left? I changed mine at 800 miles,the oil looked good , the oil life % was 93% I used the upf44 filter and 6.5 quarts of 5w30 mobil 1. Also,when checking oil before the change,the oil came to the top of the dip stick,at top hole.Now,it comes half way between the two holes? has any one seen the same? Also, car is in the same location,ect when the oil is checked. thanks for any and all input, steve. :cool:

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
QKSLVR said:
Can you tell me how many miles you had on your car at your first oil change,and what % of oil life was left? I changed mine at 800 miles,the oil looked good , the oil life % was 93% I used the upf44 filter and 6.5 quarts of 5w30 mobil 1. Also,when checking oil before the change,the oil came to the top of the dip stick,at top hole.Now,it comes half way between the two holes? has any one seen the same? Also, car is in the same location,ect when the oil is checked. thanks for any and all input, steve. :cool:
Quick,

Your right on pretty much w/everone

the fill leval is right 7 qts brings to top but GM says 6.5?? also you may want to get a magnitic drain plug...

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IMA Z06,Thanks for your reply.I did add the magnetic drain plug.I am going to do the Zaino treatment today.BTW can you recommend a good place for service in Conn. R.I area? steve.:cheers:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts