1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Good article! :D Maybe the rags are finally seeing the light! :yeadog:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Congrats to the Corvette. Still hard to believe that the Viper got only 6th place. :cheers:

·
Registered
451 Posts
On the other hand.......

Car and Driver had the NEW Boxter S beat the Vette this month.....

I dont listen to the rags though....buy what you want. Way too many people listen to them like their word is FACT....

My father always said, "Beware of false prophets"

CHRIS

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
A wee bit disappointing, IMHO, that the Vette didn't win a single one of the direct performance tests (1/4, 0-60, slalom, etc).

OTOH very cool that it posted the best lap time, and got the highest overall score :D :D

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
BTW, with price taken out of the comparison, they gave the Porsche "best sports car in the world under $100,000". But maybe they'll redo that when the C6 Z06 arrives and get a different result :D

·
Premium Member
9,755 Posts
I still can't believe that R & T picked the vette over ANY porsche. They always seemed so "German biased" to me.

·
Registered
685 Posts
That article was typically "fuzzy". They said the Porsche 997S was the best sports car in the world under $100k, and it won both the performance and subjective ratings. They swing the overall results by assessing points for price, giving the Vette something to take home. And the majority of the editors picked the Boxster S as their favorite sports car.

They successfully covered it for owners of all three cars...allowing each car to take something away from the test.

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
Yea it doesn't make alot of sense...according to CarandDriver the C6 Coupe beat the 997 BUT the Boxter S Vert beat the C6 Vert. :roll:

A quote for C&D...

Hold it! Why does a Corvette coupe trounce the new 911 in a comparo [“Almost Supercars,” C/D, December 2004], but the convertible Vette sucks wind to a wimpy Boxster? Well, a Porsche does go down better at 59 grand than at 76 grand. Oh, and the editors who love the Corvette were outnumbered this time.

You just never know...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hold it! Why does a Corvette coupe trounce the new 911 in a comparo [“Almost Supercars,” C/D, December 2004], but the convertible Vette sucks wind to a wimpy Boxster? Well, a Porsche does go down better at 59 grand than at 76 grand. Oh, and the editors who love the Corvette were outnumbered this time.
I have to say, that sounds like really lame logic to me... If I were to extrapolate, then the Boxster S is better than the 997??? and so on.

On balance, what they are really saying is that "our rating system is very subjective."

·
Registered
1,112 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
SC6311 said:
Or the C6 Z06.......

CHRIS
True that. That will be a great comparo. Supposedly the rumor mill says they are testing the 430 Stradale and it is lapping Fiorno 1.5 seconds faster than the Enzo. I find that very hard to believe but that's what the rumors are saying.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts