Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, I enter a Drag race competition. They had a Christmas tree and lights at the end of the quarter mile (indication for who got there first), but no clock. So I can not inform the exact time or speed. But it was fun like hell. This is first time in 25 years I raced. They did set me up at the super modify category, Don’t know way?, But in a group of 14 cars mustangs with turbos, and other cars with nitrous oxide. I came third!!!!, A lot of people were very surprise with the performance of the car. They only bad thing is the launch…. I did not have any wheel hope, but the stock tires could not get good grip and I was burning rubber al the way to second gear and swaying my but left and right (competition mode on ). Finally a super modified Toyota SUPRA with BIG Turbo and Nos beat me by 3 car length. Any way I had a very exiting day…. with only 356 rwhp!!!!

·
Registered
788 Posts
who or what came in second?

also, what year is your Z? you only have 356 rwhp after adding headers? what gives?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I contacted the race organizers and they informed me that I Actually came SECOND, because the disqualified the SUPRA for using NOS. He had the bottle open and definitely used it at the race. It figures….I was ahead of him by a nose in third gear and suddenly the guy took of like a rocket….. The winner was declared to be a full fledge Toyota dragster with 3.0 liter engine but max out with all you can imagine on it. For what I figured out around 400 + and half the weight of my Z06. As for my HP, I did ask on the forum what they thought it should be?. Based on a 2001 model, with the mods listed, they suggested 356rwhp. Again, I do not have access to a dyno here. If some one has a more accurate guess, by all means, I will more than willing to listen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts